Chapter 6. The Conduit's Mother

In the quiet apartment of the Midoriya Residence, a small click can be heard indicating that the door had just closed. Also means that Izuku just left the house for school.

In the kitchen of the small apartment Inko Midoriya is aimlessly washing her dishes. A sad expression was visible on the short woman's face. She turned her head at the covered food on the dining table and frowned. Izuku had skipped breakfast again. She let out a small sigh as she went back into drying the washed dishes.

It had been three days ever since Inko was saved by her son as she was about to get hit by a speeding truck. At that day, she saw her Quirkless son use some kind of smoke related powers to keep her from getting hit by the truck. 

She was shocked and surprised. Somehow, Izuku had unlocked his quirk and had used it to save her from meeting her end. After almost 10 years of being diagnosed as Quirkless, he unlocked his quirk. She automatically thought that he will be happy to tell her this, but no.

That day when he saw her face and realized who he had save, only one thing was seen in his eyes. It wasn't shock, nor surprise. It was what she least expected to see in her son's eyes.

Fear.

Inko saw how scared Izuku was when he saw her face. The visible paling of his face. The trembling of his body. The fast and heavy breaths he produced as if having a panic attack. 

The way Izuku deliberately ran away after setting her down on the sidewalk. It confused her. She expected Izuku to stutter and mutter a 2 page long explanation of getting caught using his quirk and the quirk itself. But no, he just ran and ran without looking back.

Ever since that day, Izuku made his best effort to avoid Inko. And if ever they encounter each other, he would find a reason to get away from her.

The thing that confused Inko is why..

Why would Izuku be so scared at being seen using the Smoke powers? Was his powers considered villainous? And most importantly,

Why was he so scared that his own mom saw it?

Finishing up, Inko went to the living room for rest. It was her day off from one of her jobs and she was supposed to use this day off to clear out her mind from the stress that had happened for the past three days.

Inko began recalling everything that had happened in the past 5 months.

The time Izuku came home late, he informed her that his 'friend' Katsuki was bullying him for 10 year and he had enough and fought back, breaking said boy's nose.

After that, her son got suspended for two weeks and had somehow got attack by villain twice at the same day, but somehow survived unscathed. While Katsuki was attacked by one villain and got hospitalized.

Then, Izuku yelled at her when she wanted him to go with her visit the blonde bully. Her son, tried to apologize to her but she didn't talk to him.

After five months during their last 'conversation', she discover his son having a Quirk but he is scared when she saw it. And that's why we are here...

She thought about it all for a while before she began trembling in shame. She had just ignored her son's humble apology and his way of admitting that it was wrong for him to yell at her. And what's worse is that she completely avoided him for 5 months, like she didn't even acknowledged his words.

Inko sighed as she placed her face on her hands to suppress a groan. 'What a mother I am.'

She stood up from the couch and made her way to her room for a nap when she suddenly saw Izuku's room was slightly open. She was about to walk away from the slightly open door but when she noticed something odd.