Investigating Nick

I quickly hung up the phone. Then I heard a loud bang on my front door.Grabbing the baseball bat from behind my bedroom door, I ran up to the peep hole in my door and looked inside it. It was just a police officer.

" Ma'am, we got a call from this address a couple minutes ago, what seems to be the problem."

" Someone keeps on calling me telling me that I better lay off a case that I'm working on."

" Would you feel better if I stayed outside for a little while."

" Sure, if you want officer"

When the officer got in his car , I waved to him and closed the door. I wanted to call Adam,but instead I picked up China and watched tv with her as time passed.

I woke up the next morning on the couch and the tv on, not remembering what had happened last night. Then it all came to me. Someone repeatedly called me saying that I better lay of the Lambert case.

I hurriedly got dreesed and drank some coffee, before I left for work.

" What happened to you last night? I tried calling you but your phone was busy."said Adam with a worried look in his eyes.

" I'll tell you later, " I said, still upset about what happened last night.

" Let's go find out about this Nick guy that Tina told you about yesterday."

" Sure, let's take my car," I said hurriedly, so I wouldn't have to take Adam's car.

" That's fine with me."

When we got to Nick's house, I pulled out my cell phone and called 5ina to thank her for giving me Nick's address.

Adam and I had to admit, Nick couldn't have been the killer, because he was grounded when the murders took place, but he did tell us that his buddy Sean was always pestering the three girls.

To Sean's house. He sure sounds like a good character, " I joked as I pulled out of Nick's house. It wasn't just that he was grounded but he was with his mom and dad the whole day at the hospital, because his old man had cancer.

RING, RING, RING.