Author's Note

"Death refuses to wait for the space of a breath; life is more evanescent than a mayfly or a lightning flash." — Tale Heike

Welcome

This is a quick notion before you dive into the world of fiction. The world of new bright colors. The world of happiness and despair. The world that is so alike ours, but simultaneously so different. I am not going to make you delve in my biography, trying to narrate you who the heck I am. You may ask questions that interest you in the comment section, private messages, or read it in my bio.  

This is a collection of flash stories, I presume you have already guessed it. What is a flash story, though? 

"A flash fiction story — sometimes called a short short or nanofiction— is one that has a complete plot in under 1,500 words. But no matter how short, flash fiction stories still contain the main elements of a plot. There's a beginning, a middle, and an end. The story must feel finished by the end in order to be true flash fiction."

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know what you are thinking: are you a total blockhead to give us a definition from the Internet, and believe we will devour it like complete dumbbells? I don't. Really, I do appreciate you coming here and invest your dearest time in my stories. It's just that... this is the best description to give. Flash Stories have become a great opportunity for me to get distracted from the gigantic monster I am currently writing, and a chance to escape to another world pro tem. But, moreover, it has become a great exercise to practice the key elements of the craft, and — I am taking everything out of it.

What can you expect from these flash stories? Sometimes immersion with an opportunity to look aside at another world; sometimes ideas that I have nourished throughout my life, taking the best from the philosophical kingdoms or my own experience; sometimes just foolish but common ideas or questions that we all struggle with answering during our lives. 

However, no matter what a story is about, I can promise you: this story will have a piece of my soul, and serious contemplation before hatching out from an egg (not mine, tho). 

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to the "father" of flash stories Hemingway himself, and the story that contains only six words:

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn."