Chapter 1

Michelle’s POV:

“ Mom I’m home!” I announced walking through the door. I  started looking around and noticed a bunch of moving boxes.

“ Momma, why are there boxes in the living room?” -I  asked taken back by all the boxes.

“ Well honey,” -Adrianna said walking through the door from the kitchen into the living room.
“ We are moving to One Tree Hill. It’s a small little town in North Carolina, I got a new that requires me to always be gone, so I thought a small little town would be better, then living in a big town, where it’s not safe.” -Adrianna explained.

“ But, I would be leaving basketball behind.” - I protested.

“ It’s final honey. Who knows, they could have a really good basketball team in Tree Hill.” - Adrianna said, then walked out of the room.

My momma had a good point, but I don’t want to leave being popular to go to a small town, that probably doesn’t let girls play basketball. I walked out of the living room, to my room to start packing.

3 days later**

Me and my momma finished packing up our little house into a moving van, and started our journey from Jackson California to Tree Hill North Carolina.

After being in the car for days we finally arrived in a small town, like you could walk anywhere at any time.
We drove by this little cafe called ‘Karens Cafe’ it was little and cute. We also drove by a basketball court, that if we are being honest, I will be spending all of my free hours there. Then finally, we arrived at a tiny little house, smaller than our old one.
I stepped out of the moving truck and just stared out our house. I liked small, but I’m not sure, about it being this small.

I walked up to the front door with my backpack on my back and opened the door. I walked up the stairs to my room and just stared at the emptiness.
“ Home sweet home” I mumbled then left to help my mom.

After moving all of the boxes inside, I opened up about 10 to find my basketball.

“ Momma, can I go to that basketball court we drove by?” -I asked holding my ball.

“ Sure honey. Just make sure that you are home at a decent time, and keep your phone on you.” -Adrianna responded.

“ Yes ma’am.” -I answered back smiling.

I dribbled my ball all the way to the basketball court.

I started shooting 3 pointers when a boy walked up to the court that couldn’t be older than me by a year.

I looked at him and shot another 3 pointer.

“ That’s pretty impressive.” -The boy with blonde hair said

“ Thanks.” -I replied with a small smile.

“ So, what’s your name?” -He asked me.

“ Michelle.” -I answered back sharply.

“ Well, I’m Lucas.” -He told me.

“ Well, are you going to keep standing there, or do you wanna play against me?” -I asked.

Lucas smiled and chuckled a little bit. “ Sure, show me what you got.” -He said with a smile.

We played for what seemed like hours.

“ So what grade are you going to be in?” -He asked me.

“ 11th grade. I skipped 10th grade actually.” -I replied.

“ Wow, you must be super smart than.” -He replied.

“ I guess, you could say that.” -I said with a smile.