14 ~ We're All Bad

A/N: YEAH SO LIKE I forgot Wattpad existed... here's the next chapter hopefully I can get some semblance of a decent upload schedule after this :')

Jade had a way with words. It didn't take very long for Yuu's inhibitions to fade into nothingness and for her to feel comfortable speaking with him. He had started visiting her whenever he observed her coming out from the influence of the love potion. The two would often sit in Ramshackle together and simply chat the day away.

He was still astonished by how intrigued he was by her. Even after coming to terms with his feelings, he didn't expect them to be this gripping. And the more time he spent with her, the stronger they became.

He almost understood why Floyd felt the need to slip her love potions. Jade's feelings for her already made him giddy enough; imagining her reciprocating them sent a shockwave of emotions he wasn't prepared for through his mind, not to mention the thought of them being able to act upon those feelings.

Unlike his brother, though, he wasn't going to try and give her a love potion. In the short windows of time he got to experience the real her, he was determined to make her fall for him. Though he without a doubt could concoct a stronger love potion than Floyd, he wouldn't.

Though that's not to say he's above tampering with her drinks. He was beginning to get antsy, having to wait for the potion to wear off before getting to talk to her again. He might slip her an antidote if he got the impulse and if Floyd was out of sight.

After all, it wasn't fair that his brother got to have Yuu, especially knowing that she didn't actually love him. Jade wanted more time with the real Yuu that he was talking to right now, not the Yuu that was under the influence of Floyd's potion.

Yuu was having similar thoughts, though hers were much more wracked with guilt. She nearly found herself wishing that she would never go back to one of her deeply in love phases with Floyd so she could enjoy being with Jade.

They would talk and she would find her heart beginning to flutter more easily around him, but being with Floyd seemed to do the trick in pulling her back to her senses. That is until her feelings went away again as they always did, and she felt herself... falling for Jade.

'That's terrible.

Floyd deserves better.

...But I can't help how I feel!

That doesn't justify it.

You're a bad person.'

"Prefect?"

Jade's voice dragged her out of her head and she turned to him, curling her knees up to her chest. "You don't have to call me that. We're friends."

"Miss Prefect."

"Jade."

"Miss Yuu?" He tilted his head with an amiable smile. When she didn't say anything else, he continued, "You look as though you're deep in thought."

"Well, yeah! I feel like a terrible person! Just look at our situation!" she spat, burying her face in her knees. "Look at what a terrible girlfriend I am..."

He tentatively brought a hand to her back, rubbing comforting circles into it. "Don't think."

She looked up at him, furrowing her eyebrows slightly. "What?"

"Don't think about any of that when you're with me. You can think later. For now, just enjoy."

No response came from her, and he tilted his head, brushing a strand of hair out of her face to see her better. "Yuu."