Vanessa

(This is my bookly reminder for you all to comment more frequently)

"We're going to the zoo, we're going to be zoo, and then we're going to see some animals" (y/n) sung to himself. He wasn't completely sure where he had heard the song but it was now stuck in his head.

"We're not going to the Zoo" Vanessa Doofinshmirtz spoke as she walked beside the boy.

"I know" (y/n) shrugged. "A bit upsetting but between Candace having the neck of a giraffe and Perry I basically live across the street from a zoo anyways"

Vanessa laughed for a moment before stopping quickly. "Don't say that in front of Candace"

"I wouldn't dream of it" (y/n) replied quickly. "Although I don't see why we are walking instead of using your scooter"

Vanessa rolled her eyes. "Because I left it at home. I'll drive you back home when we're done" (Y/n) nodded.

"What did you need to get again?" (Y/n) asked after another couple minutes of walking.

"Candace asked me to send her a picture of all the Ducky Momo stuff I have" she replied. "I was hanging out with her right before I ran into you. I think she's trying to come up with something to get me for my birthday and wants to make sure she doesn't get me something I have"

"Ah" (y/n) nodded, internally noting that he needed to ask Candace about Vanessa's birthday. "How old are you going to be?"

"Seventeen" Vanessa replied. "Since you're at an age where you'll be dating soon you should probably know that you're not supposed to ask a girl about her age"

"When you're between fourteen and twenty five I'd say you should always ask" Vanessa looked at him for an explanation. "One mistake and one of the two of you is in prison for pedophilia"

Vanessa seemed to consider that for a moment before nodding. "You bring up a good point. That being said that's only if you're caught"

(Y/n) quickly gave her a look as he crossed his arms. "What?" She asked before realizing she had forgotten something. "Oh! And depending on where you live there are also Romeo and Juliet laws to take into consideration"

"This conversation took a weird turn" (y/n) said, looking a bit uncomfortable as he rubbed his arm.

"I've had weirder" Vanessa just shrugged.

"Oh look there's your building!" (Y/n) quickly changed the subject as he spotted the purple building after they turned a corner.

"How did you know?" She asked before remembering her family's name was on it. "Never mind. Let's just go"

Once they got in the building they were quick to enter the elevator. It closed and the two stood in the small space, waiting for it to arrive at the penthouse.

The elevator shook before stopping and growing concerningly quiet. "Uh oh" Vanessa quickly spoke.

"Uh oh? What's uh oh?" (Y/n) asked as he watched her walk over to the buttons and hit a few, nothing happened.

"Elevator's stuck" she spoke as she pulled out her phone. "And I have no cell reception"

(y/n) quickly checked his phone only to learn he had the same issue. "Uh oh. Just for the record I have a fear of heights so if this elevator starts falling I'm gonna freak"

"It's not going to fall. We'll be fine" Vanessa put her hand on the boys shoulder as she tried to reassure him. "Someone will notice that the elevator is broken and they'll call someone to fix it"

"Sure" (y/n) didn't sound reassured as Vanessa went and leaned against the back wall. "So what do we do?" He asked as he turned to look at Vanessa again.

"We're stuck in an elevator without cellphone reception. What do you think we can do?" Vanessa asked as she slid down the wall to sit down.

"Oh- Well-"

"We'll get to know each other"

"Alright cool" (y/n) nodded slowly.

After a couple minutes of silence Vanessa finally broke it. "You know this building was just rebuilt, wouldn't have expected this"

"Guess we have bad luck" (y/n) shrugged as he leaned back on the wall beside Vanessa.

"Or my dad invited over that Murphy kid" Vanessa muttered to herself as she realized that was the most likely reason for what was happening to them.

"Who?"

"Some kid who's family my dad crashed with while this building was being rebuilt. Ferb was telling me he has some sort of bad luck field that surrounds him"

"Ferb described it as luck?"

"I'm paraphrasing" Vanessa clarified. "His explanation was more scientific"

"Ah okay" (y/n) nodded. They stood there for another minute before he spoke again. "Should we be banging on the door or something so someone hears us?"

Vanessa shook her head. "Probably risky if Murphy is in the building"

"Mhm" (y/n) nodded slowly. "Can we use the chicken replace-inator?"

"I guess so" Vanessa shrugged as she took the inator out. "You want to walk all the way back here from the petting zoo?"

"Ah. Right" (y/n) sighed. "So we just wait this out?"

"That's right" Vanessa sighed as she put the inator back in her pocket.

"Alright then" (y/n) nodded. "I don't suppose you have a bottle of water on you?"

"I do not" Vanessa shook her head.

"Yeah I figured" (y/n) sighed before the two fell into silence again.

"So you and Stacy?" Vanessa asked after a moment causing the boy to look at her confused.

"What are you implying?"

"That of your three friends she's the one you spend the most time with"

"I spend just as much time with Candace" (y/n) tried to defend himself.

"Yeah but that's all watching movies or reading comic books" Vanessa crossed her arms. "And she's got a boyfriend"

"And who says I don't just hang with Stacy because she's the easiest to be around?" (Y/n) asked as he also crossed his arms. "I could have a crush on you for all you know. Maybe that's what Stacy and I are talking about?"

"Then that would explain why you agreed to come over" And just at that moment the elevator started going up again.

"Oh thank god" (y/n) laughed happily.

"I guess Murphy left" Vanessa shrugged.

After a moment the elevator stopped again and the door opened. (Y/n) was quick to get out and let out a sigh of relief.

"Going to send Candace some pictures at my dads place" the girl sang what sounded like a jingle. "...that doesn't really work does it?"

Word count: 1115

(Favorite part of the chapter?)