Stroke Seven

Sorry for the delay. I think by now you all know why it takes me a month of Sundays. But thank you to two special people who kept me motivated through motivating messages and threats. lol!

I hope you all enjoy, as always, thanks for the love. 🫶🏽💕

They didn't even last until the second movie that was part of the two for one movie special that night. Spencer's right hand gripped the wheel as his foot pushed the gas pedal.

"Girl, you're going to make me pull this car over," he urged, when Olivia's lips landed on his neck. They weren't that far from his place but somehow she couldn't keep her hands to herself. "Liv..."

"Hmmm," she muttered against his ear. "Okay, I'll be good. But hurry up." Traffic slowed on the highway as Spencer was about to take the exit. Olivia felt like her body was on fire. The night had been the perfect foreplay, setting them up for a heated evening in private. Her eyes followed the veins in his hand, snaking through his arm. The tighter he gripped the wheel, the more they bulged. What type of drug was this man that she was turned on by the smallest details?

When they arrived at the condo, the pair rushed to the elevator. Spencer nodded at the guard as the elevator doors closed in front of them. Waiting a beat, he cornered Olivia against the wall, his eyes set low and full of the same lust as the ones staring back at him. His hands stayed at her waist as his lips teased the soft skin below her ear as Olivia counted the dings of the elevator. On the last ding, Spencer pulled away.

"Come on," he nodded towards the hall, gently pulling her towards his condo. Punching in the code, he pushed open the door. "Make yourself comfortable," Spencer grinned, heading to the kitchen to fix them two glasses of wine. Flipping his Spotify to his favorite neo-soul playlist, the mood was set.

"Thank you," Olivia smiled, taking the wine glass from his hand and settling back on the couch. Spencer waited for Olivia to take a sip. "I swear you have the best wine." Closing her eyes, she appreciated the sweet taste that coated her tongue.

"Don't go falling asleep on me. Maybe I should take this back," Spencer laughed.

"If we end up drinking that whole bottle again, I'm out like a light. This is nice though," she whispered, relaxing under Carl Thomas's crooning. Spencer's music selection stayed true to his 'old soul' persona.

"Yeah, it is," he agreed, sitting his wine glass on the side table. Relaxing his head against the back of the couch, he slowly let his head roll to the side, his eyes landing on Olivia's piercing gaze. The same glint in her eye from earlier that night. She downed the last bit of wine before putting her glass on the coffee table.

"I enjoyed myself tonight. Probably the most fun date I've had in a while," the artist spoke in a hushed tone, the space once between them almost non-existent.

"I'm glad I can be the one to impress you the most," he teased, tucking the lone curl that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ear. His hand lingered on her cheek for a second as he pulled her face towards his. The softness of the kisses a sweet end to a sweet night. Spencer offered his hand, leading them to his bedroom.

Tonight was different from their previous hookups. They both could feel it. The time they were spending together was beginning to hold more meaning. Casual sex with a bit of companionship was being replaced with something else. It was intriguing, yet nerve wracking. Each touch was more alluring than the last and they could feel themselves getting hooked.

It reminded Olivia of her first painting. The thought of things not being perfect scared her. The rough edges made her want to scrap her creation and start over. When she finally let go, she created one of her favorite and most valued pieces. As her dress fell to her feet, she realized she was holding her breath. Waiting on the sign that she should put an end to this and never look back. Falling for someone you barely knew had to be dangerous. Right?