Tere Hawalay

Note: Thank you for your overwhelming response on the previous oneshots. It means a lot that you guys take out time to read it. Wrote this one two hours before iftar in office so pardon me for the errors and incoherence that I figured out while reading it again. Your comments motivate me to write so please drop something there 💚

If corporate life wasn't torturous already, being sandwiched in her boss's personal life was gruesome. As much as Mehak enjoyed seeing her Boss, Farjad Khan Bahadur, in love that lowered his guard and made him less scary, the situation didn't work in favor of his employees when he and his fiance ended up fighting just like today.

Farjad stormed into the office 45 minutes earlier, which meant he didn't pay a visit to his fiance and greet her good morning at her newly launched chai cafe. Unfortunately, Mehak was 6 minutes late, not that she wasn't in the office, her stupid loo break caught in her bathroom and when she greeted a meek Good Morning to her boss, he raised his right brow and gave her a threatening look- the one that haunted her in her dream till today. Mehak couldn't deny that he was looking like an absolute heartthrob in his grey shirt and a black coat draped over. The dress code clearly indicated that today his soul was as dark as his soul, hence, people should think twice before riling him up.

"Oh Miss Umeed, why would you put us through this." Mehek wondered as Farjad started off with his old rituals of scolding her first and then bombarding her with questions. It felt like he was going to do all the office work in the next 24 hours. Mehak had never been in a relationship but it seemed like people who were mad at their beloved tended to drown themselves in work to get over the pain. She hoped that her Boss and Umeed didn't break up because if it happened, nobody in this office was ready to face robotic Farjad on a daily basis.

It was an important meeting, the kind which you've waited for months to happen. Nobody in their right mind would've dared to interrupt Farjad, but DARENESS was all that Umeed Pasha had in her life. After all, she dared to fall in love with him, she could do this too.

Wearing her vibrant orange-colored kurta that flashed just like her personality, she entered Farjad's office and greeted his assistant with the sweetest smile. She liked Mehak, even if she was Niggo Aunty's first choice for Farjaad and happened to have a crush on him till today. She couldn't blame her; after all who wouldn't have a crush on her man? And as long as he had hots for her, Umeed didn't mind women gazing at him.

Mehak's nervous smile was enough to tell her that Umeed wasn't invited to this office today, and she shouldn't dare to interrupt his meeting. But when did Umeed Pasha pay heed to his assistant or secretary's requests ever? Since one year and thirty-four days of their relationship, Umeed never felt the need to seek Farjad's or anyone's permission to bombard his office or meeting room.

She knew he was mad at her but he can't be so mad to banish her from seeing him. Can he? CAN HE?

"No. He won't. He loves me a lot for doing something like this. But you've never pissed anyone like this Umeed"- The mental conversation cast a shadow of fear in Umeed's eyes, but her heart yearned to see him today. It had been 2 days since they fought. At first, she assumed, after the weekend he'll be back to being 'himself' and forget everything like he normally did. But when she didn't spot him at her cafe this Monday morning, with his signature smile only kept for her, her heart sank.

Umeed Pasha was used to fighting with Farjad but his anger toward her was not something she could handle anymore.

She told Mehak to call Farjad. Usually, he'd leave his meeting for her. A gesture she was used to enjoying and bragging about in front of Mimi and Haya. But a petrified Mehak stammered and told her, "Ma'am please, he'll fire me."