NINETEEN

Lyanna

Vino, come see me in the garden. 

Am I right to trust Vino?  He has reasons as well to hate me and Knox because of Yara, however, my gut instinct tells me he is the best person to accompany me.

Vino arrived and I explained to him the morning's events.  He was apprehensive to comply at first as his loyalty is first and foremost to his King.  But, when I told him that I will do it with or without him, he changed his mind and agreed.  I apologized profusely for involving him and thanked him with all my heart.

I took lunch at my room to make it seem all is normal and told the guards that I would take a long nap and so not to disturb me.  Vino and Myla found a way to tuck me out of the castle through the food delivery van.  I wore a tee and a beige hoodie partnered with jeans and booths.  I kept the letter in my pocket.

Vino met me three towns ahead and I transferred to his car after which.  I needed to calm myself because Knox would feel any intense emotions and would know something is up.

We reached the forest and had to go by foot.  It was quite a hike.  Harper, I am near sweetie.

An old cottage is onsite.  My heart beats fast.  What if this is a trap?  Have I been foolish to go?  Here goes everything!

Vino had no intensions of knocking and being civil, he barged open the door!  I dashed inside.

"Ly!  You found me!"  Harper said happily.  What the heck?

My tears fell as I held Harper, "baby girl are you okay?  You scared me but it does not matter, are you hurt, sweetie,"  I kissed her on and on.  Vino checked the perimeter for ambush.

"The bad people scared me a lot.  I am okay now, they took good care of me."

"Who, sweetie?  Who took you?"  I got very nervous.

A bedroom door creaked.

"YOU!  How could you?"  I cried out of disbelief and rage.  "How can you do this to a child?  She did nothing but love you?  You will pay dearly for this!" I am getting hysterical now.

"No, no, Lyanna!  Do not fight them!"  Harper defended with two outstretched hands.

Lyanna, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?  TELL ME I AM DYING HERE!  Oh Goddess, Knox!

I am fine.  I am with Harper now.  I will explain soon.  You cannot get involved.  Forgive me.  I love you.  I blocked the mind link. Oh, what chaos!

"This is the reason why it has to be you who come and get Harper.  You yourself thought of the worst of us without even hearing the full story, what more if it was our son who found us with Harper?"  Alpha Magnus defensively stated.

"Harper, love, go inside the room, the adults need to talk.  Okay?"  Luna Amanda told Harper and winked at her as she passed.

"We did not kidnap your sister.  How could we?  We love her.  We love you and Knox."  Luna Amanda said calmly.  "Sit, Queen Lyanna,  if you want to know the truth."

I could feel their sincerity and so I obliged.

"In all the years that we have been away from the royal pack, my wife and I tried to live a normal life.  We did stay in Australia for some good years but when we heard of Knox's blatant disrespect to the Mood Goddess, we decided to come back to the country.  It so happened my wife here, is a keen observer.  She makes a hell of a good spy and I became her strong arm.  We lived out our  lives mostly in disguise, spying the packs, and rouges and time and again giving the King some tips through our trusted people. "  King Magnus narrated.