TWO

Rhett

The woman in front of me is undoubtedly stunning.  The way she is protecting the pup is admirable.  Is that her daughter?  

If my king could see this woman now, I'm sure he'll break his almost one year celibacy.  The gamma and I had a bet that the king would not reach his 113th birthday without taking a woman in bed again.  Alpha King Knox, on his 112th birthday, lost all libido and decided then and there that he is done with bedding women.  He has lived a hedonistic life since he claimed the throne from his father, King Magnus.  He spent his years as king winning wars, organizing the werewolf kingdom, and having sex with countless willing she-wolves and humans.  

At times I think he is just experimenting on some of his playmates if he could impregnate them.  King Knox silently wishes for his mate and a family of his own.  These are the two things he could count as something pure and meant for him and him alone.  But the Moon Goddess will not allow this.  Her disappointment to King Knox is beyond forgiveness.  The king is bound for loneliness.

"You will not put an innocent child in the dungeon nor touch a hair from her, do you hear me?"  The woman commanded.  

I was like struck by lightning that I do not have it in me to disobey her.  Her voice.  Her Face.  Her everything.  I could not disobey her.  In fact, I noticed all six of us, including  the pup, bearing our necks to the woman in submission.  Who is she?  Could it be....

Alpha King, I do not know how to say this, but.... I stutter as I mind linked the king.

Rhett, I am busy and irritated as it is!  I do not know with my wolf.  He is so restless and agitated that he wants to run back home.  I am still here in a boring meeting with Alpha Carlos but all I could think about is coming back to the palace.  What the hell do you want?  Is there a problem?

Your highness, this woman in front of me just gave a luna command.  I am surprised to my bone how she did it.  I could not disobey her.  Could she be....  I was not able to finish my statement when the king finished it for me.  

...my mate!  Do not let her leave.  Bring her to a big nice room.  No harm should come to her, do you hear me?  I am coming back there now!

Yes, Alpha King.

I look in awe at the woman in front of me.  She seemed as surprised as us with what she just uttered.  Could she be our Luna Queen?  How can this be when the Mood Goddess has cursed the king?

The curse....

When King Knox was just 25 years old.  He challenged his father to give him his birthright to the throne.  With the royal council behind Knox, the former king was pushed back to the wall.  He devised a duel for his two sons.  King Magnus was so confident Prince Lucian will overpower Prince Knox.  

A councilman advised Knox to hit Prince Lucian with his weakness, his mate.  Prince Knox, on the eve of the duel kidnapped Princess Jada, the mate of his bother.  He tasked his men to put her in a hideaway until the duel is over.  Never in his mind did Knox think that the men guarding Princess Jada will violate and abuse her. It was too late.  

On the afternoon of the duel, Prince Lucian and King Magnus learnt of the kidnapping of Princess Jada.  Prince Lucian, begged Knox to release her safely and he will forfeit the throne.  The entire arena felt sorry for Prince Lucian and at the same time admired his loyalty and love for his mate.  Knox ordered the release of Princess Jada. His plan ran like clockwork.

To everyone's shock, Princess Jada appeared disheveled, half naked, bruised, and zoned out.  Knox at an instant killed all the guards and tried to tell everyone that he said not to touch nor hurt the lady.  

Prince Lucian ran to his mate but as he embraced his mate she collapsed and died.  Prince Lucian was heartbroken and took the royal sword from his father.  Everyone thought he will kill Knox.  No.  He joined his mate to the underworld. 

King Magnus crowned Knox as the new Alpha King.  Knox was distraught and never wanted this tragedy for his brother.  But it cannot be denied, the fact that he kidnapped his sister-in-law means he deliberately planned to cheat his brother, all for the crown.

As King Knox slept that night, the Moon Goddess appeared to him in his dream.  He told the king that he will never know the feel of a mate's love until he deserves it.  King Knox tried to deny the dream and hoped for his mate.  Years pass, the hope turned to desperation then to anger.  From there on he started to throw spit on the Moon Goddess by bedding as many women as he can.  He has defiled them in the worst manner he can.  He took pleasure in turning them into sluts and perverts.  His bed was never empty of playmates.  

The little girl whimpered.  My thoughts were cut.  

"We will not put you and the pup in the dungeons.  Our orders have changed.  But you are coming with us to the palace to await the king's judgment."  I replied to the woman.  "May I ask for your names?"  I followed up.

"I am Lyanna and this is my sister Harper.  We are the nieces of Alpha Waylen of the Blue Stone Pack."  she replied.

Luna Queen Lyanna, that sounded just right.  My king may now has a chance for happiness and redemption.