How To End A Night

Stiles was starting to feel Derek's gaze turn into a glare as he continued ignoring the man. Derek was a persistent bastard and kept directly asking Stiles questions that his friends would cut in and answer for him.

"How'd you learn to surf? What kinda drinks do we have? How about you teach me to surf sometime? Are you always this sarcastic? How come you're not speaking to me?" It was question after question with him and Derek could tell something was up. Finally, Derek asked the big question. "Are you ignoring me because I snapped at you after the concert?" Stiles' friends had started to pack up their stuff at this point and nobody was around to answer for him, so he gave Derek a small nod 'yes' hoping that would get Derek to leave him alone. It was partially true of course, Stiles WAS still mad, but that wasn't his reason for ignoring Derek.

Derek huffed and rolled his eyes. "Well get over it, it wasn't that big a deal.", Derek snapped, stomping off to his band's car. Stiles chuckled sadly to himself. Of course Derek was still a snappy asshole, it wasn't just a one time thing.

"He needs to control his temper.", Stiles said to Allison, nodding over towards Derek. Allison laughed, "Yeah, good luck with that. His sister Laura and his mom have been trying for ages to teach him anger management. Can't really blame him though.", Allison replied. "What do you mean?", Stiles asked. "Well, his s-", she started. "Ally! Don't. He probably wouldn't want us telling people outside the band.", Issac interrupted. "Right.", she sighed. "Sorry."

The entire car ride back to campus, Stiles stared out the window solemnly. He had really tried to be positive and reassure himself it would be easy to not talk to Derek, but it was proving to be quite difficult. He was just glad the older man was driving a separate car. The only time Stiles wasn't watching the hedges and trees pass by outside was when Jackson ran a red light and Lydia threw a fit about getting arrested. His excuse was trying not to lose the others in traffic. It only took a few seconds before Aiden called them from The Alpha Pack's car to laugh at Lydia's face as they ran the light. Lydia promptly decided to give him the silent treatment.

When they parked in front of the dorms building, Stiles sighed. The beach was bad enough but now Derek was going to be tagging along to a frat party with them. Stiles was pretty sure that at some point, Derek would drag him away from the rest of the party and kill him. Suddenly, Erica interrupted him from his thoughts. "Okay party people, let's go upstairs and make sure we're not wearing swimsuits to a frat party!" They all went upstairs to change, the bands dividing up to go with certain people to borrow their bathrooms. Just his luck, Deucalion and Derek were both put into Stiles' dorm. Scott got Issac and Allison, Lydia got the twins, Jackson got Kali and Ennis, and Erica got Boyd. Lucky Erica.

The two men and Stiles went into his dorm room, Deucalion heading to the bathroom to change first and also teasing Stiles about joining him, Derek rummaging through Stiles' pantry to get a rise out of him, and Stiles ignoring the both of them while heading to his room to change. Stiles rummaged through his clothes for a while, trying to find something decent to wear so Erica and Lydia wouldn't yell at him for his style in front of everyone else.

He had finally found something to wear and just started to change when Derek opened his door. "What is taking you so lo-", he growled, newly changed. He caught sight of a half-naked Stiles, wearing only a pair of boxers, and immediately turned bright red. "Oh my god!", he yelled, slamming the door shut as he turned away.

"Knock much?", Deucalion teased. Stiles just silently pulled his clothes on before slipping out the door to be met with an embarrassed Derek and a smirking Deucalion. "How much did you see?", Deucalion asked Derek. Stiles turned bright red this time but said nothing. "It wasn't much, just a glimpse, I swear!", Derek tried to assure Stiles. Stiles only nodded awkwardly and headed out the door, the two D's in tow.