Chapter 31

Carter's POV

I have ordered the house for Joseph to be built on the edge of the pack.

It will what a lot of locks that will hopefully prevent his escape, if he's planning one.

Today I decided to go there, to look at the progress, when Timmy got to know where I'm going, he asked to go too, and I agreed.

Then when we told Mason that he will be staying with my Beta, Harvey, he wasn't happy about the separation.

He wanted us to take him too, and that's how we all ended up on our way towards the edge of the pack.

"It looks good." Timmy says, when we reach the place where the house is being built.

"It does." I confirm, and I go around to look at the progress.

"When will the house be done?" Timmy asks, holding a curious looking Mason in his arms.

"In a month, maybe a little less, then we can lock Joseph here." I respond, and he nods.

When I check everything, we head back to the pack house, and Timmy says that he his friends finally agreed to meet me.

He leads me to the main room of the pack house, where a lot of people hang out, and he looks around, before he finally finds his friends, they're sitting on the couch in the corner of the room.

He takes me there, and when we reach them, I can see that his two friends are still afraid of me, but not enough to try and hide.

They greet Timmy with a hug, and I decide to sit on the couch opposite to the one they're sitting on, and I place Mason on my lap.

"So, guys, this is my mate, he won't hurt you, so don't be afraid of him." Timmy says, and I roll my eyes at the suspicious look that one of the guys is giving me.

"I have no intentions of hurting you. Why are you so scared? Have I ever hurt you?" I ask, a little annoyed, but I try to keep a straight voice, they're already scared of me, there's no need to make them even more scared.

"You didn't hurt us, but that friends of yours, and a lot of other pack members did for sure, and still do." The smaller male says boldly, before realising that he said this to an Alpha.

His eyes widen, and he looks towards the door, definitely considering how much chance he has to escape.

"Sit, I already told you that I won't hurt you." I say to the scared Omega, who obediently sits, followed by his friend.

Timmy sits next to me, giving me a cute glare when he passes me, daring me to frighten them.

"Listen, I know that you're not treated the best, and I try to protect you as much as I can, but I can't have eyes everywhere at once, and I can't control everyone." I say.

"You should come to my office, and inform me that someone is not treating you right, as I already told you to do." I remind.

"So, why didn't you inform me about whatever mistreatment you're talking about, Rick?" I ask the Omega, making him look at his friend.

"Sorry, Alpha. We will tell you next time." The other Omega says, and I nod at him.

We spent about an hour talking, at first, they were hesitant to talk to me, fearing that they will say something wrong, but after a while they weren't as nervous anymore.