Chapter 15

Carter's POV

My father steps on the small stage, that is in the backyard of the pack house, and I follow right behind him, leaving Timmy on the backstage for now.

I look around at all three thousand members, that are gathered here for my ceremony.

Around, and above them are dark blue and gold decorations, and there are small lights hanging from the trees to make the sorroundings brighter.

My father greets everyone before telling me to kneel before him, I do so and I bow my head, which is a part of the ceremony.

The ceremony is pretty simple, once I will be on my knees, he will cut the back of my head with the knive, before cutting his palm, then he will press the cuts together.

It will hurt me a lot, since my blood will have to fight his blood for dominance of the Alpha gene.

Since I'm younger, and I'm his biological son, it is pretty much impossible for my blood to lose.

We should have almost the same amount of the gene, and he's much older, so his Alpha genes most likely already started to fade, making it easy for me to win.

I kneel in front of him quickly, and when I'm on my knees, I feel him touch the back of my head, he moves my hair with his fingers, so they won't be in the way of the cut.

He cuts the back of my head, in one quick move, before cutting his palm and pressing it to my head.

It's more painful than I imagined it would be, it's like someone keeps pouring boiling water under my skin.

It keeps hurting for about a minute, before the pain starts to fade, and when I can't feel it anymore, I stand up.

A lot of blood covers my face, since my head was bowed, which allowed my father's and my blood to fall on my face.

The crowd starts to clap and shout, clearly happy for me.

My father gives me a towel, which I use to wash my eyes, so I can see, when that is done, I go to the back bowl, it's full of warm water, that was prepared for me to wash my head.

When my head is clean, I have to go around, and talk to people, which I do for about half an hour.

Then I go back on the stage, and announce for all the kids that aren't old enough to mate, or haven't mated yet, and for all the adults that were old enough to experience my father's mating ceremony, to be taken to the safe room which was prepared to keep them all safe while the rest of the people will experience my mating.

When the guards check that no child remained in the backyard, and they give me a go ahead, I go backstage and take Timmy's hand, before pulling him on the stage with me.

We stand in the middle of the stage, in front of each other, and I place my hand on the back of his head, before I guide it to the crack of my neck, doing the same myself.

He bites me, and I do the same to him, we exchange our blood with each other, and after it's done, I lead him to the mating room, that is in front of the stage, in the middle of the backyard.