Chapter 5: ͕T͕͕h͕͕e͕ ͕L͕͕e͕͕t͕͕t͕͕e͕͕r͕

Again yesterday was wonderful. You and Wally talked and shared apples and tea. You talked for hours. Then he went home. Today, Howdy asked for your help on opening up the shop, since he got some new stuff to restock with. You didn't mind at all. When you went over there, Howdy greeted you with a large smile. "Good morning (Y/N)!" He said in a jolly tone, making you smile. "Good morning Howdy! I'm ready to get started!" You said with excitement, and Howdy nodded, handing you a box full of cereal and granola bars. "These go on the shelf over here." He said, pointing to a shelf near the counter, smiling as he took a few boxes in his many arms. One filled with freshly baked pies, one with eggs, another with peaches, and the last one filled with flower seeds. He got to work on refilling things as you worked on putting up the granola bars and cereal. When you were finished, you grabbed another box, and it was filled with small potted flowers to display outside. You took the box outside, and you see Eddie walk down the road to the store. You waved at him, and he smiled and waved back. "Hey (Y/N)! I have a letter for you from Wally!"  He said, and that made you feel more happy and excited. "That's wonderful! Thank you so much Eddie!" You said as he headed on his way to keep delivering. "No problem Neighbor!" He replied as he walked. You put the letter down for now as you filled the outside bench with the small potted plants, humming as you did. It was such a nice day. Then you went back in, making sure to grab the letter as you did so. When you came in, you finished helping Howdy out with refilling some fruits, like bananas, peaches, apples, mangoes, and watermelons. Then you helped with some vegetables, like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, onions, potatoes, peppers, and avocados. Then helping with the juice and milk, and on with the sugar, flower, baking soda, etc. until you were all finished. Then you helped him clean everything up, and you flipped the sign to open. Howdy thanked you, giving you a cherry pie for free as a thank you. You thanked him back, leaving as you held the pie in one hand, and the letter in the other. As you walked down the road, you stopped by Poppy's barn, smiling as you saw her, and you knew that her favorite fruit was indeed cherries. She came to you, smiling a bit nervously. You held out the pie to her. "Here you go Poppy! I know how much you like cherries!" You said, and she took it, looking so excited and happy. "Oh thank you Neighbor! I was really craving some pie!" She said, and she gave you a pretty hat, she made it for you specifically. You loved it. It was your favorite color and everything! "Thank you Poppy!" You said as you walked away, and she waved goodbye. You then sat down a little bit later near Wally's home, finding a bench to sit on. You unsealed the envelope of the letter, reading it slowly.

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 (𝒴/𝒩),

𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓂𝒶𝓎𝒷𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓁𝒾𝒸𝑒𝓈. 𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑜 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃. 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓃𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃.

𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒, 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔

This letter was to you very charming. It made you get butterflies. You then smiled, and you adjusted your hat, getting up from the bench. You couldn't wait to see him again! It was so exciting! You fixed yourself up quickly, and then you immediately went up to his front door, knocking. Home opened the door for you, and Wally was sitting on his colorful chair, holding the phone as he softly spoke into it, he was whispering to Home.

'Thank you Home

'Thank you Home... Just make sure that they stay in here with me for a little while longer. Lock the door just until I say to open it..'
He whispered to Home, and you weren't able to hear it. He then put the phone on the stand, the door closing behind you, the soft click of the lock you didn't notice. You smiled as you came in, and he greeted you. You sat in a chair across from him, on the table in front of you were apple slices and tea, just like yesterday. It was so nice, so comfortable, but the way he looked at you with a bit of an intense gaze made you feel a bit...

 It was so nice, so comfortable, but the way he looked at you with a bit of an intense gaze made you feel a bit

Uneasy...