Scene 2: Good Morning

Characters: Christine Daae, Erik Destler, Nadir Khan

Setting: Erik's Mansion

Christine: *wakes up groggily and rubs her eyes* Ugh... oh no... it wasn't a dream...

Erik: *walks into the room* you're awake. *smiles*

Christine: Yeah I am... *stretches and yawns*

Erik: *steps forward* Is there anything I can get you? Like breakfast?

Christine: Freedom sounds nice. *scoffs*

Erik: *glares* Unfortunately I don't have any of that lying around.

Christine: Come on! What's it gonna take for you to let me go already?

Erik: The day when you don't want to leave.

Christine: I'll always want to leave.

Erik: One day. One day you won't. Now, would you like some breakfast?

Christine: Sure *crosses arms* what's for breakfast?

Erik: Whatever you want. Name it and Nadir will make it.

Christine: *shrugs* Just some eggs I guess...

Erik: *goes to tell Nadir* *returns* You shall have breakfast in a few moments.

Christine: Okay. *gets out of bed* Can I go exploring around the mansion?

Erik: Shall I take you on a tour?

Christine: That'd be... *smiles a little* nice.

Erik: *smiles* Good. We shall do that after breakfast.

Christine: Fine. *starts to walk out of the room*

Erik: *reaches out and grabs her wrist* You don't leave without me.

Christine: Ugh... lighten up on the chains please! *hisses*

Erik: *steps between Christine and the door* I don't want you out of my sight. I don't want you running.

Christine: I won't run! Can't you just trust me for two seconds!?

Erik: *shakes head* No I can't.

Christine: *mutters something mean under her breath*

Erik: *raises an eyebrow* I heard that.

Christine: *growls* You were meant to...

Erik: *smirks* Allow me to escort you to the dining room.

Christine: Okay. Just don't expect me to link arms or skip merrily like a giddy school girl.

Erik:You are too much of a lady to do that. Come with me.

Christine: *follows him staying a few feet away*

Erik: *looks back* I don't bite.

Christine: I've seen your bark though... *shudders at remembering his yelling*

Erik: *chuckles* I only bark when I'm angry. Don't touch the mask and you'll be fine. *eyes narrow at the mention of the mask*

Christine: Are we there yet? Is the mansion really this big?

Erik: *nods* Yes, it is. One gets plenty of exercise by walking around.

Christine: Is that why you're so thin and I'm far from super model material?

Erik: *frowns* No, I was born this way. *examines her figure* And, you do have the body of a super model.

Christine: Ugh pervert.

Erik: *glances back* I am simply telling the truth. I have no hidden meaning.

Christine: Whatever, let's just get to the dining room before this labyrinth you call a house get more complicated.

Erik: *grins* We're almost there. *opens door* Here we are.

Christine: *steps in and sits at the table*

Erik: *takes seat as well* *rings for Nadir*

Nadir: *brings food and leaves quickly*

Erik: I hope you enjoy.

Christine: *begins to eat, slowly sniffs it first to make sure it's not poisoned* I really hope you didn't drug this.

Erik: *gives Christine a blank look* You can't sing if you're dead.

Christine: What's up with your obsession with my voice? Are you related to Ursula or something?

Erik: *confused about who she's talking about but ignores it* It is very beautiful. I need it.

Christine: Why do you 'need' it?

Erik: That is for you to find out another time. For now, just know you're needed.

Christine: *rolls eyes* Oh goody... *finishes breakfast*

Erik: Your sarcasm, though amusing, can be rather annoying.

Christine: You were the one that kidnapped me. So you're going to have to deal with it.

Erik: *smirks* And I shall.

Christine: Hmph, well can I take you up on that tour now?

Erik: *stands up and holds out his hand to her* Of course.

Christine: *Looks at it shakily*

Erik: *smiles reassuringly*

Christine: *takes it finally* Alright alright...

Erik: *squeezes slightly before leading her out of the dining room* Down this hall is the music room and the library. *takes her into the music room*

Christine: Wow, so many instruments. *Looks around and sits down at the piano gazing at the sheet music* I've never seen this piece before.

Erik: *smiles* Because I wrote it.

Christine: You compose?

Erik: *nods* Yes, I do. All this music here I have composed, and I almost play all the instruments.

Christine: *starts to play the piano with skill*

Erik: *nods approvingly* Very beautiful.

Christine: My father taught me when I was a little girl... he passed away just last year.

Erik: *rubs Christine's back gently* I know. It was a fine funeral.

Christine: *gasps and smacks Erik's hand away* Creep!

Erik: *chuckles* I know more about you than you think. Now, should you like to see the library?

Christine: Sure. *sighs getting up from the piano*

Erik: *extends hand again* If you would follow me...

Christine: *takes it* not like I have a choice right?

Erik: *thinks for a moment* Well, it all depends. You have a choice to fight me, but that might not be the wisest.

Christine: Please... I could take you down anytime.

Erik: *chuckles* Do you want to try?

Christine: Alright let's make a wager on this. If I take you down you set free, but if you win... I'll kiss you.

Erik: *thinks for a moment* Well, I like my winning, but how would you attempt it? I don't ever get into a fight without knowing what it is.

Christine: I have to make it to the front door.

Erik: *again thinks on it* I have one advantage over you. You don't know where the front door is.

Christine: I'll get a ten second head start and I will find the door. *narrows her eyes at him*

Erik: *shrugs* Have fun. Your ten seconds start now. *begins to count*

Christine: *runs like mad out of the room and down the hallway* He has no idea who he's dealing with...