T E N

"Okay, Louna you got this" I reassure myself after a final check in the mirror.

"Of course you got this. Let me know how it went, all right?" I pick up my phone again, which lies on my rumpled bedding next to some sprawled clothes, and see Isabella filing her nails through the faltering screen.

"Shouldn't I tell the boys, I'm about to talk to you know, him."

"Alexander will freak out when he finds out, and Théo is on a family trip with no connection, so just tell them when he gets back" reasons Isabella after I took off my leather jacket, figuring it was too hot outside to wear that.

Right Théo went camping in the middle of nowhere, much to his dismay, so I agree with Isabella, who's the first to know about the party situation. When I tell you she let out every possible emotion;her face was so funny to look at. But now she's cheering me up, for which I'm very grateful because I need the confidence boost.

"You look hot, don't worry" Isabella grins from behind the screen, aware of my stress and outfit choice.

"I just want to look decent" I mutter after checking for the five hundredth time that the dress wasn't too short.

"You're even better than decent. Now go enjoy the party and tell me everything tomorrow, okay?" My face contorts in concern. Why do I feel like everything is about to go wrong?

"If you say so, thank you Isa. Really. Love ya" I wave and she hums as she blows me a kiss.

Here we go.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The music drums in my ears and I can already feel the lack of air in this huge house full of sweaty bodies swaying from side to side. I hug my body closer so I don't stand out. I still doubt this whole plan. I would definitely have talked to João at some point, it's not like I need anyone's help, but Enzo thought it'd be the perfect way, so let's at least give it a try.

Here is the full plan that he later texted:

One: arrive alone at 11pm, so I don't have to count on anyone screwing up.

Check.

Now the second phase: find Ben, Kai and Enzo. They said they'd be at the pool table.

Standing on my tippy toes and diving just in time between the heated making out session of a couple, I finally spot the black table with green upholstery.

It's not that far away. I'll make it if no one catches me on the way there. Still pushing awkwardly through people, I silently apologise, but I know they probably won't hear because of the loud music.

I made it without any problems, so so far this plan is working. I'm surprised that what comes out of Enzo's head actually works.

"Look who made it!"

Someone hugs me from behind and I take a shocked breath. It's only Ben thank God some freak didn't hug me. He is surrounded by Kai and a girl, probably his girlfriend by his side, and a tipsy Enzo with a beer in his hand.

After giving Ben his present and receiving another hug from him, he neatly introduces me to Kai and the girl. Now that I look closely, he is the guy who asked if I knew João and-

"-Hey you said I was acting weird!" I exclaim in a suspicious tone, after remembering that he's also the one who tugged João away from me, muttering that I was behaving strangely.

He scratches his head awkwardly and grins sheepishly as his girlfriend glances at him to explain. "I'm sorry, but I asked you a question and you didn't answer, you just stared around that day. But know that I know your history with João, I understand why you just stood there and I apologise." The girl pats his shoulder proudly and then realises something.