45

Carter dropped me off at home ten minutes ago

Carter dropped me off at home ten minutes ago. Sadly, since we left the house, he returned to wearing his hood over his face. But this time, he didn't try and hide from me, allowing me to see beneath the hood.

I was stood in the living room, surrounded by my brothers and dad as they stared at me with an awaiting gaze. I messaged everyone on the group chat that I had something important I needed to discuss. Tristano looked annoyed and ready to leave the house, Tommaso was sipping on a coke, carefree as usual. Stefano looked neither interested nor uninterested, he was just Stefano. Antonio seemed slightly concerned, but allowed me space as he sat on the sofa with the brothers. Mateo was manspreading on the armchair by the window, no emotion on his face. Christopher was patient, having a calm expression on his face.

Now it was actually time to tell them, I couldn't find the words.

"Kalina? Why are we here?" Tristano sighed as he looked clearly bored.

"I..I erm, I need to tell you all something." I managed, fiddling with the rings on my fingers.

"Well can it wait, I have somewhere I need to be." Tristano said, standing up and getting his car keys out his pocket.

"Sit your ass down." Mateo ordered.

Looking up at him, I knew he could see the fear in my eyes. He could tell what this was about. He was expecting me to tell the others about how my mother beat me and starved me throughout my childhood.

What he doesn't know, is that I'd be telling them that and so much more.

"When I was six," I began. I had everyone's attention tightly in my grasps, most of them never hearing of my childhood. "My mother began drinking, really heavily. She'd whore herself around to feed her habit, and she did it more once she was hooked on drugs.

Every boyfriend she got would either deal or use themselves, all hating both Daniel and I as we were always in the way, having an extra two mouths to feed. They'd used to beat both of us, me more than Daniel as he fought back. Because he was a few years older than I was, when I'd be kept home from school cause I was beaten so badly and used as a drug mule, he never realised, and I never told him. After I was rushed to the hospital by Daniel for internal bleeding, and nearly taken away by social services if it weren't for the fact that mother staged a break in and made it look like I was attacked then, she decided on a new form of punishment for even the smallest mistakes.

She'd fill the bathtub up and hold me under till I passed out, wait for me to wake up, and do it again, and again, and again until she grew bored."

Looking up, I could see the fury and sorrow building in each and every one of them.

Christopher was shaking as he stared at me with a pained gaze. Slowly he walked towards me from his seat on the sofa, where all my brothers were spread out.

He gently wrapped an arm around my shoulder, before guiding me to sit beside him.

"Is that everything?" His voice shook with anger and fear.