Chapter 11

"ONE DAY" she screamed at me. Causing me to be confused but not talk as I knew she wasn't finished.
"ONE DAY. YOU MANAGED TO UPSET THE HEADTEACHERS SON AND GET SUSPENDED!" She kept on screaming.
"I didn't upset no one." I replied trying to calm the situation.
"SHUSH IVE NOT FINISHED. WHEN HAVE I EVER TOLERATED SWEARING?" My mother questioned giving me the look to answer.
"Never." I reply quietly almost as a whisper remembering that the scrawny ginger kid must be the headteachers son.
"That's right and what do you go and do. Call the headteachers son a bitch." She says calming down so she's not shouting but still equally as pissed.
"Atleast I didn't get in a fight." I say trying to think of the positives. My mother just shakes her head. Left. Right. Left. Right. She then says she's gonna get back to work and I should go make myself useful. By the tone of voice she used I could tell she was fed up with me. So me being me I went to do what I always do when someone's fed up with me. I head to the gym and as I walk in I see some players doing rehab joking around. This made me miss my friends even more so I head to the treadmill in the far corner of the room. I run. I block out all the noise around me and run. Faster then I ever normally go. I run. I don't need no music I just need to clear my head. And I do that by letting it all out.
"You alright kid?" A voice behind me appears and asks. Not bothering to look recognising the voice of arsenal skipper Kim Little.
"Suspended" I say as if it's no big deal.
"What for?" I hear a strong Irish accent ask me. Knowing it was Katie McCabe I replied causing a few laughs from the players behind me.
"Called Headteachers son a bitch." I said with no clear emotion behind it.
Finally I stop the treadmill and turn around to have a proper conversation with the two legends.
"Did he deserve it?" Katie said causing me to smile. No one ever asked me if someone deserved being hit or called names from me. They normally just assumed it was my fault.
"Not really. I was day dreaming not listening to the teacher. Then when we got sat down for work I asked him what we were doing he didn't reply to me. When he eventually did he told me I should of listened. I instinctively called him a bitch. Couldn't back down after that though so I just called him it again."
Katie then laughs making me confused.
"He really did deserve it. Wait so people get suspended now for calling someone a name. Some kids these days are really weak." As she says this it causes me to laugh. Katie's statement earns a few glares from the captain as she then speaks.
"Katie enough. Its never ok to call someone names." She states causing me to nod my head understandably.
I like Kim she is a bit like a mother figure. She's smart and seems to always have good advice. No wonder why she's captain. As I get a drink of water I look left to see my mother entering. For god sake the only person I really don't want to see right now. She comes over to me and sits next to me.
"You gonna shout at me for no reason again? I say before she has a chance to speak. I get up grab my things ignoring her calls. As I leave the gym I head to the pitches. Doing so anger overrides my system and I punch a wall causing me to wince. Does that make me stop. No. My knuckle is bleeding and I am pretty sure it's broken. Great just my luck.