Chapter 1: The Outcast and The Quiet Boy

It was a typical day at school, and I was sitting in my classroom trying to concentrate on my lessons. But my mind kept wandering to the boy who was sitting in the classroom next to ours. He was chubby and an outcast like me, but he had a good brain and was always quiet. I liked him, but I didn't realize it at that time. All I knew was that I always looked forward to seeing him every day.

As the days passed, my feelings for him grew stronger. I would often catch myself stealing glances at him during class, and I would feel my heart flutter every time our eyes met. But I never had the courage to talk to him or even introduce myself.

Things changed when I entered grade 8. Due to constant bullying from my classmates, I had to transfer to another school. Even though I was no longer in the same school as him, I couldn't shake off my feelings for him. I always thought about him, wondering what he was doing, and whether he was thinking about me too.

As time passed, I started dating a guy from my new school. He was nice, but my thoughts still drifted towards the boy from my old school. I would sometimes find myself comparing my boyfriend to him, wondering if he was as kind and smart as the boy I liked.

Years passed, and I had all but given up hope of ever seeing him again. But one day, fate intervened. I was walking down the street when I saw him walking towards me. He looked older, more mature, but I could still recognize him instantly. My heart skipped a beat, and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.

He stopped in front of me, and we exchanged pleasantries. It was a brief conversation, but it was enough to reignite the feelings that I had buried for so long. As I walked away, I realized that I still had feelings for him, and that they had never really gone away.

Little did I know that this chance encounter was just the beginning of a love story that would span years.