Chapter 11

⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒ Greyback ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭒

Newt yawns rubbing the seep from her eyes as she enters the kitchen, Charlie hot on her heels with his eyes half closed.

Everyone at the breakfast table stops as they see the older brother sitting down mumbling a thanks as Newt passes him a piece of toast.

Sensing everyone's gaze on him he looks u making Newt's eyes lift upwards to, "What?"

"Charlie!" Mrs. Weasley says a smile on her face, "I thought you weren't coming."

"Oh, yeah," He shrugs slightly and looks at Newt in the corner of his eye, after last night's events the fact he was supposed to be surprising everyone slipped his mind, "Surprise!"

Mrs. Weasley shakes her head and places a kiss on his cheeks as she fills his plate, "Merry Christmas, Newt, dear." She says patting her on the shoulder and placing kiss on her head.

"Merry Christmas, Molly."

"So," Fred says looking between his old Professor and his older brother, "Charlie, how was your night?"

Newt chokes on her orange juice and coughs as Charlie flushes, "W-What?"

"I'm assuming you did a lot of... traveling, works up a right sweat getting here from Romania." Fred smirks wiggling his brows.

"Oh-uh, y-yeah." Charlie stutters out clearing his throat.

Wanting to shut Fred up Newt decided to step in, "Not a problem for you is it, Charlie?" She ask making him raise a brow in questions, "Got good stamina." She smirks slightly and takes a bite off her toast before turning away and staring a conversation with Harry leaving Fred's mouth hanging wide open and a very red faced Charlie.

~~~~~

Settling on the settee, head resting on Charlie's shoulder and feet tucked beneath her Newt watches the flames of the fire in front of her dance around as Charlie reads a Muggle books called Sherlock Holmes to her.

"Am I boring you?" He whispers.

She shakes her head and angles her head so he can see that she is wide awake, "I just like listening to you read," She whispers back, the sound of the twins and Ron arguing being blocked out by the crackling of the fire, "It relaxes me."

He smiles kissing her forehead and going back to reading for a few minutes until Remus and Tonks call to say they're leaving. The couple get up saying goodbye, noticing the far off look in Remus' eyes Tonks calls out for him softly, "Sweetheart?"

"Remus? You okay?"

A large ring of fire surrounds the Burrow making Charlie pull Newt back against his chest, Bellatrix appears at the opening and laughs manically as Harry appears beside Newt, "Don't." Charlie whispers harshly, his grip tightening.

Ignoring him when she feels Harry take off she runs right after him not caring about the cries of her boyfriend or the others.

"Ginny, get back." She orders as she feels the red heads presence.

Ginny shakes her head coming to a stop with them her wand gripped tightly in her hand.

Feeling around Newt realises she left her wand in the Burrow and curses under her breath as she holds her hands out in front of the two youngest ones, "I killed Sirius Black! You coming to get me?"

Newt grits her teeth and stalks forward, she knows wandless magic, not enough to win a fight but enough to distract her while to get the others away.

"I killed your Mummy and Daddy little Newtie-Pie, are you going to kill me now?"

"Harry, give me your wand."

"What?"

Ginny doesn't even questing the Professor as she thrusts the wand into her awaiting palm, "On the count of three, you both take off towards the Burrow, oaky?"

"We're not leaving-"

"Harry," She interrupts, her eyes glued to where the Witch is lurking awaiting the perfect moment to strike, "Take Ginny, and go, okay?" When he doesn't answer she turns to him making sure Bellatrix is still in her vision, "Okay?"

"Yes, okay."

She nods satisfied with her answer and begins to count under her breath, "One..."

"Two..."

"...Three! Protego!"

"Incendio!"

The wave of fire gets cut off by her shield as the two students run through the grass, "Crucio!"

She manages to deflect the spell hitting it away only when she looks up Bellatrix is gone, "Show yourself, you coward!"

Panting heavily with Ginny's wand clutched in her hand she looks around wildly, only she doesn't notice the other person lurking around, a sharp cry escapes her lips as claws sink into her ribs.

She falls to the floor clutching her side as she crawls back lifting the wand she attempts to say a spell which comes out in a stutter as black dots begin to fill her vision.

"Stupefy!"

"Protego!"

"Incendio!"

"Expelliarmus!"