Nightmare

Hannah was back in her old home, startled awake by something. She took in a deep but silent breath, the smell of dinner her parents had fixed hours ago could still be smelled faintly. She whined and rubbed her eyes, looking over at the clock, reading 3:03 am.

She groaned and swung her feet over the side of her bed, rubbing her eyes and pushing her hair back from her face so she could see. She slowly placed her feet on the wooden floor, being as silent as she could since it was a pretty old house and it wasn't exactly the best to be sneaking around. She tiptoes around the house, hearing her parents from their bedroom talking. She walked pasted their room and went downstairs to grab a glass of water, taking a pretty big gulp.

Suddenly she heard her little sister crying from upstairs and the footsteps of one of her parents rushing to her nursery. Finishing up her glass of water, she made her way back up to the second floor. She froze as she hear a blood curtailing scream come from her sisters room. She saw her father run to the room and yell as well. She watched in horror as a bright light emitted from her room, flames had taken over the room. Her father, holding her baby sister ran towards her.

"Let's go baby!" He yelled to her, grabbing her hand and running down the stairs, sprinting outside far away from the house. Hannah watched as the whole house slowly started to catch on fire, all she could do was look at their home in shock. She snapped her head back over to her father, who was cradling y/n gently in his arms as she cried, trying his best to shush her.

"Oh god..." He spoke breathlessly as loud snaps and bangs came from the building, Hannah moved closer to her dad, clinging on his leg for dear life. He placed a hand on her head, running his fingers through his eldest daughters hair.

They hear sirens wailing in the distance, the sounds getting ever so closer with each second. Flashing lights could be seen rushing up the driveway as well as the crunching of gravel underneath the tires. The smell of burn wood could be smelled even yards away from the scene that was unfolding infront of them.

"Hurry! Get the hoses!" The firemen yelled as they jumped out of the truck, unfolding the hoses and turning the water on as quickly as possible. The water did barely anything to the roaring flames. 

It seemed like hours before they did calm the fire down, but by then, there was nothing left. In was burnt down to the concrete slabs. A pile of charcoal, ash, and burnt debris was all that was left of Hannah's home. 

Hannah heard her dads soft cries above her. She looked up at him with pitiful eyes, tears swelling in her own. She was only 8, but she understood what had happened and what was going to happen next.

"What happened in that room Dad." She spoke quietly, hugging his leg even tighter.

"I'll explain later H. For now, let's find somewhere to rest." He gave a gentle smile down at his daughter, trying to be strong to make her feel safer.

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Hannah shot upright in her bed, covered in sweat, her breathing erratic and her heart pounding through her chest. She cupped her face with the palm of her hand, wiping the sweat from her eyes and moving her hand to her chest.

"Again..." She whispered to herself, attempting to take in deep breaths to calm herself down. She grabbed her phone and immediately called Sam.

Sam and her have been best friends since just before college started. Her and his girlfriend Jessica, even longer. They hit it off in their sophomore year of high school and never lost touch with the upcoming years. When they found out they were both accepted into Stanford, they immediately moved in together.

"Sam, uh hi." Hannah's voice had a hint of panic intertwined with the softness. She had her hand to her head, already feeling a migraine coming on.

"Yeah... another nightmare. Could you uh... come over and hangout with me and Jess. It's okay if it's too late-"

"I'll be there in five."

She smiled at him responding quickly.

"Right, see you Ina few." She closed her phone and threw it onto her dresser. She got up and threw on a hoodie and shorts, walking into Jessica's room.

"Jess." She whispered and shook her shoulders gently to wake her up. She groaned and slowly opened her eyes, looking at her with confusion.

"What H, go back to sleep." She grabbed the pillow and threw it over her head, mumbling.

"Sam's coming overrrr." She giggles, poking her. She's always liked to make fun of her about her and Sam's relationship. They were the cutest together and they were both head over heals. With her statement, she shot up.

"I'm up." Hannah laughs and pats her head. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"I'll grab it." Hannah hummed and walked downstairs, cutting on a light in the living room and walking over to the door, opening it and greeting Sam.

"Sam, it's good to see you at 1:46 in the morning." She laughed and punched him gently in the shoulder. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah." He walked in and sat on the couch, watching Hannah as she shut the door.

"You wanna talk about..." He trailed off, not knowing if it was a sensitive topic or not. She sighed and sat on a chair near him, cradling her face in her hands.

"It's- it was about.. ugh how do I put this. I saw my mother's death." Sam looked at her worriedly.

"Did you're dad or sister tell you anything before?"

"No. No they didn't. They just said she was in a freak accident. Sam, whatever that was, was definitely freaky. If it was even real." She groaned taking a swig of water.

"Well, whenever you're ready to tell me the whole story, let me know. I'll try to help." He curled the side of his lip in a small smile and she nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah... thanks Sam. I will." She smiled back and turned her head towards the stairs where she could hear footsteps from Jess coming down.

"Hey Jess." His face brightened and he got up, walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist picking her up and twirling her while she giggles and kissed him.

"Missed me eh?" Jess smiled and cupped both sides of his face, he nodded and set her back down.

"Uhhh you two can go to sleep, I'll try to in the meantime."

"You sure?" She heard Sam question.

"Yea, I'm sure."

"Alright then. Get some rest." He nods and walks back up to Jess's room with her and she heard their door close.

"Tonight's gonna be long..."

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Hannah was dead asleep when the whole situation with Dean and Sam went down, since she had barely gotten any sleep she wasn't easily woken.

A few hours later

Hannah woke up to the smell of freshly fried bacon and eggs and slowly got up. Stretching and still half asleep, she walked downstairs to see Jess in the kitchen, and no Sam.

"Where's Sam?" She mumbles, sitting at the table and starting to eat at the food that was placed in front of her.

"Uh well. Long story short, his older brother came and talked to him about his dad going missing after a 'hunting trip'. He'll be gone for a couple days and never told me where he was going." Jess fixed herself a plate and sat down next her her, starting to eat as well.

"What about his interview?"

"That's exactly what I asked." She laughed.

"Huh, well, that's interesting." She cocked her head and began thinking.

Where he was going, and what was he was doing?

Proofread - 1331 words