Soul Intake

It was just one of those days. Pink streaks were appearing on the top of my hair, I had a few days less than three weeks, and I was missing my bed at home like hell.

I sniffled, wiping my eyes with the bottom of my palm. 

"Hey, you good?"

"No," I snapped, unaware that the person who had sat next to me on the bench was the one I needed to see the most.

"Want to talk?"

"No what don't you get of-" I looked up, my eyes softening at Taehyung's concerned face. I immediately rubbed my eyes, smiling. "Sorry, It's been a long day."

"C'mon you were smiling yesterday. What happened?" Yesterday? Oh right. Taehyung had shown up with Jungkook at work just to "see the place". He had kept me company the whole night while Jungkook had confidential meetings with a few investors.

"I just miss home."

He flashed a soft smile before wrapping his arms around my torso. "Need some love?"

Again with that word. Have I felt it before? Do I really know what it is? Or am I incapable of feeling it?

Nevertheless, I nodded my head, rubbing my nose on his shoulder. 

"I'm done with work. How about we go to my house? You can join us for dinner."

"Mk..." I mumbled, separating from his arms and instead grabbing his hand. He led me in the direction of the luxurious apartment at a fast pace. He must've been hoping to get home too. Except he was lucky. His home was only a few blocks away. Mine was a universe.

I watched as he unlocked the front door. "Jungkook said he had extra work. Namjoon should be coming home from his uncle's today. Yoongi is teaching a class, Jin's at the restaurant and Jimin is on call. So it's just us and-"

"RINNAAAAAAA!"

Taehyung paused, watching as the door flung open to Hoseok. He launched himself into my arms, immediately bringing a smile to my face.

"Hi, Hobi."

He backed away before pressing a small kiss on my forehead. "Why do you look so sad?"

Taehyung cleared his throat, motioning to the front door which we had yet to enter. "Let's talk about this inside?"

Hoseok nodded, pulling me inside while Taehyung closed the door behind us.

"So why are you sad, sweetheart?" Hoseok asked once we'd sat down on the couch. The pet name made butterflies swirl in my stomach. What was this feeling?

"It's just been a hard day. I miss home so bad," I sighed, rubbing my sore eyes. I really had no idea why this was causing me so much pain. It's not like anyone was different at home. In fact, they were probably living life no differently without me. I mean besides the whole war going on. 

"I'm sorry love," he mumbled, wrapping his arms around me in a soft hug.

"It's okay...how's your ankle? Has it been healing?" I asked quietly, trying to distract myself from the depressing conversation. He let me go, looking down at his wrapped foot. 

"I haven't even noticed it actually. I think it's pretty healed. Jin's been taking good care of me."

I smiled at the mention of Jin doing what I had told him to do. Some of the books I'd read in the library were medical information books. The human realm was quite interesting. They didn't use lasers or burning chemicals. They had medicine for everything!

"That's good."

Hobi nodded, jumping slightly when Taehyung put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Rina and I are going to go to my room. Namjoon hyung should be home soon, will you get his bed ready for him?"