Why Did It Happen? chap 1

WHY DID IT HAPPEN? CHAPTER 1

HELLO HELLO:)) My new chapter to a new story:)) get reading, voting, and commenting also fan for new people if you want to???!!:)) love you all and remember to

LIVE:))

LIFE:))

LOVE:))

CHAPTER 1:

I wasn't too impressed when I awoke to my alarm clock screeching at me. With a huff and a grunt I managed to haul myself out of the friendly comfort that was my bed. Achieving that I began to move through the blackness of my room, I fumbled a little when my hand had to search the wall for the light switch. Once I reached it I flicked it on and the room instantly became layered with light. As soon as I had completed that and was able to mildly see clear I made my way to the bathroom, grabbing a pair of cut off shorts, underwear and a plain black t-shirt as I strode past my wardrobe.

Arriving at my shower door I sluggishly opened it before turning the knob and immediately hearing the refreshing sound of water rush out. The steam calmed me and made me sleepy. I wanted to just crawl back under the covers that were now only jacketing the bed. Telling myself that I needed to suck it up, that I was awake now and I had to deal with it, I stripped of my cozily warm pajamas and hoped into the even warmer shower.

I first rinsed my hair before slathering it up with shampoo. Smelling the scents of strawberries and apples together made my mouth water. I hurriedly finished washing my hair with conditioner, earning even more grumbles from my demanding stomach. I grasped my towel and pulled it towards me, instantley becoming enveloped with fuzz. As I secured it around my top I leant over towards my window, seizing the edges I pushed down on it making it close. I had the feeling I was being watched.

Brushing it off as nothing I pulled my underwear up, followed by my T-shirt and shorts. I grasped the comb from my bathroom table and ran it through my soaked hair. The water dripped onto the ground making a puddle, I wasn't too fussed with the mess so I lazily clenched the bathroom floor mat between my toes and pulled it onto the puddle, letting it do the job of soaking up the water. After that had been accomplished I walked slowly back into my bedrrom flicking my hair out as I went. When I reached my full length mirror I saw that I was almost presentable, besides the frizz ball that was sitting on top of my head.

The flicking of my hair had made it irrationaley frizzy. I hadn't been blessed with the naturally straight hair that most girls had, I also didnt have crazy curls. I had the inbetween hair. Some days it choose to be straight. Others I wasn't so lucky. Realizing that I was graced with a natural perm today, I began to rummage through my draws trying to find my blow dryer and straightener. Successfully finding them I started to brush out my hair again and then start the hair dryer up.

After a good 5 minutes of blowing heat onto my hair I started on taming it with the straighner. It was taking a long time and I was getting bored. Looking at myself in the mirror I discovered that I had only completed half of my head, one side still remaining a spastic mass of curl. Sighing I sauntered over to my Ipod dock and clicked it onto shuffle.

'R-E-S-P-E-C-T FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANS TO ME' came blaring out of the speakers, I hurried to turn them down not wanting to wake the neighbours. Looking at the clock I saw the digits read 7:30am. I had been awake for and hour and a half and wasnt even ready to meet the day. I turned on my heel and walked back to my dressing table. I grasped the the straighner in my left hand and began to bring it through my hair again. As I continued straighening my hair I danced along to Micheal Jacksons glory days of songs.

Finally accomplishing the mission of de-frizzing my hair I moved onto feeding myself. I skipped down the stairs 2 at a time, eager to get some food. Entering the kitchen I scanned the room infront of me. Seeing a packet of honey flakes I snatched them up and started the important search for a bowl and spoon. Accompanying them I poured the cereal into the bowl and went to the fridge to grab some milk. As I poured the milk into my bowl I heard a faint scratch at the door. Not really being fazed by it I continued with pouring the milk.

When I heard it again I realised it could be my puppy wanting to come in. Placing my bowl down on the counter top I started to move through tthe house. I did it lazily and with slow steps. With one hand i manipulated the knob to turn and with the other I pushed the door open. While focusing my eyes to scan the back yard I realised that it wasnt my little long-haired dachshund Kayla who had made the scratching.There seemed to be no culprate. Thats starnge I thought to myself. Maybe I had just imagined it?

I glanced over to Kayla's bed and saw that it was empty. Where was she?

"Kayla, come here girl" I called to her.

No response.

"Kayla" I called again, letting my tone leak with demand.

Still no response. That was really strange now. She would usually rush straight to me when I called. I tried one more time before walking back into the house and finding some treats to coax her out with. As I took my first step onto the lawn a white piece of something caught my eye. Straining my eyes to get a clearer view of what it was I became aware that it was a note.

The note had been hammmered to the wall beside Kayla's bed. I trappsed over to it highly intrigued. I snatched it from the wall and scanned over it briefley, not taking much notice. The word Dog caught my eye and I had re-read the note to find out what the context it had been placed in was.

'I have your dog!(:" Was what the note read. The handwriting was in a bloody scrawl that was barley readable.

My body stiffened and the paper sllid from grasp. I didnt feel that the note was a joke. Someone had actually taken my dog. I hurriedly picked the note back up as I made my way inside. Confusion was flodding through my head. Why would someone take my dog? I didnt have any enemies that I was aware of, so why would somone take my dog of all things?

I closed the door with my eyes on the note re-reading it again. Turning my gaze up and away from the note I saw my soggy bowl of cereal, not having any appetite anymore I discarded it into the bin. I glanced back over to the table and viewed another note attached to my fridge. I hurried over to it and pulled it of reading at top speed.

"Bet you liked my surprise this morning? There will be more to come. So dont hold your breathe" As I read the last sentece I realised that I had in-fact been holding my breathe. Letting it out I continued reading. "Have a good day Mia Daniels" signed with a bloody paw print that was the exact size of Kayla's.

My breathe caught in my throat for the second time today. I stood in the hallway thinking about what I had read.

"Things were only going to get worse"