Chapter 11

"I think I'm turning back human on my own.. " Muichiro said.

"How is that possible? " Zenitsu stammered under a bucket of tears.

"Do I look like I know?!? " Muichiro exclaimed.

"Now, let's all calm down. Inosuke, Muichiro is like Nezuko, don't hurt him, " Tanjiro said.

Tanjiro let Inosuke go and he just sat there, not doing anything. Muichiro sighed in relief, thankful he isn't dying today.

"I believe your turning back human because you finally gained control over your body. Before this happened, like when you killed those people, did you feel in control? " Tanjiro mentioned.

Muichiro thought for a moment and said, "No, not really. "

"Well, that settles it. Maybe you should stay here until you turn back into a human officially. We'll make sure to hide you from the others. "

Muichiro smiled for barely a second before he passed out. He was exhausted. Transforming back into a human took so much energy. Tanjiro smiled and knelt next to Muichiro.  Tanjiro made sure Muichiro was for sure asleep and that Zenitsu and Inosuke wasn't looking. After everything was in the clear, Tanjiro moved Muichiro's hair over to the side a little bit and kissed him on the forehead. (Yes I had to do that (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵) ) Tanjiro then picked him up and moved him to a little closet that no one would look in and it was away from the sunlight, in case Muichiro would still burn in the sun.

'Almost.. It's almost to the point that I can finally tell you that I love you.. ' Tanjiro thought as he smiled.

In the morning..

Tanjiro woke up and immediately went to check on Muichiro. Luckily he was still asleep, but his appearances changed even more. He was a lot less pale, his horns had gotten smaller, and if his eyes were open, Tanjiro bet that they would both look more human in comparison to the one eye looking more human. Tanjiro decided that today he would also test if he lost his interest in blood, for he figured that would be the first thing he would change for good.

While Tanjiro was staring at him, Muichiro woke up. Tanjiro immediately went back and closed the closet door out of panic.

'Oh my god.. That was unexpected.. ' Tanjiro thought to himself while blushing out of embarrassment.

"Tanjiro? " Muichiro said from the closet.

"Oh, yea? " Tanjiro said. 'He's probably gonna think I'm some creep who watches him sleep.. '

"Why'd you leave in such a panic..? "

".. Sorry. Do you want me to open the door back up? "

Muichiro thought for a moment and said, "Yea, that would be nice.. "

Tanjiro opened the door back up and crouched down smiling.

Muichiro smiled back, but then he hear footsteps.

"Monjiro! Someone's coming, close it! " Inosuke said.

Tanjiro's smile quickly faded and hen he closed the door to the closet, leaving Muichiro alone again. Muichiro heard talking and decided to listen in on it, but that didn't last long. Muichiro barely touched the door and it immediately opened up. He crouched down as quickly as he could, hiding his face.

"Tanjiro, who's this? " Shinobu asked.

Tanjiro quickly picked up Muichiro and ran towards the exit for Butterfly Mansion.

"Tanjiro? What are you doing? You know I'll burn! " Muichiro protested.

"No you won't! You're pretty much human again! "

Tanjiro ran out the door into the sunlight and Muichiro buried his face in Tanjiro's chest, expecting to burn into a flame. But.. It didn't happen.

"What.. " Muichiro mumbled.

Tanjiro suddenly stopped. Muichiro looked up to see what was going on. What he saw was an extremely looking Shinobu with her sword unsheathed..
____________________________

Hey slay sisters, brothers, and siblings!I lied. This chapter isn't the last one. There might be 1 or 2 more chapters because this ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would be. But! This is the longest chapter I've written so far so that's a win! 🥰 Anyways, make sure to drink water and have a great day/night! <3
-Moonwatcher

673 words~