chapter 49

Cheng Tao was playing with Li Hui, he held her two arms as he practised walking with her. He chucked as she tried to make big steps.

"Abu… kyaaa," 

Liu Qiao was next to the windows, looking outside at the pouring rain while holding his knees. A lightning struck, blowing out the lights darkness filled the room for a while. Cheng Tao stood up straight then called out.

"Liu Qiao!" 

When the lighting struck once again lighting up the place for a moment, Cheng Tao's eyes widened and he dropped Li Hui then ran to the window immediately. "Liu Qiao!" 

In a slip second manages to catch one of Liu Qiao's hands, his heart racing, panicking in terror. The heavy rain beats across his skin as the lightning strikes, lighting up the place only to disappear a moment later. 

Thunder rolls, lightning flashes, heavy rain.

Cheng Tao was gripping on to the slipping hand with all his might, Liu Qiao who was looking down from the high place finally turns his head, facing up. 

His pupil sinks, he doesn't understand Cheng Tao's face, mouth…… why? 

"Please, Liu Qiao…. I'm begging you"

He doesn't know if it's the rain but why does it look as if Chen Tao is crying? 

This man who was unresponsive, cold and abusive. Why was he crying? 

He made his life hell, why does it look as if he is in pain, why does it look as if he's the one clinging to life. 

"No…. Stop making that expression" he whispers under breath. 

Liu Qiao could feel his emotions flood deep inside, "you don't get to make that face!! You don't get to make my life hell then be guilty after!! You don't get to act like the victim!!" he Yelled.

Liu Qiao use other hand to hold Cheng Tao pushing it off, for a moment he slips from Cheng Tao's grip. But Cheng Tao slips down, catching him by his wrist; he uses his other hand to hold on to the windows. 

Cheng Tao breathes, looking down as the rain falls he could hair Li Hui cries in the open room… he wants to let go but letting go is giving up. Cheng Tao will not give up on Liu Qiao even if Liu Qiao had given up on himself.

"Yeah, you're right, I'm not supposed but what about Li Hui?! She didn't even get the chance to remember you?! Your angry in pain I know, I know you want to die and end all the suffering because it's better than enduring and struggling every single day knowing nothing will truly change" 

Cheng Tao knows it, everyday the repeating hell, begging for it to end knowing nothing will change. "But Liu Qiao's death will not change it, you've made two friends right. Your daughter is in there if you're not willing to do it for yourself….. at least for her," 

He wishes he could tell his mother this, if she can't endure for herself at least endure it for him. He wish she hadn't left him alone in the hands of that man he wish she could sing to him, he wishes that even if it was just for him she could have live so they escape to a happy place together.

Liu Qiao's eyes for a split second lits up, he remembers. He always wanted to be a mother someone whom he could love unconditionally and does the same, he remembers feeding her carrying her out to park as he and Chao Niu teach him about being a parent if not for anyone, then maybe just for her. 

"...... you're really unfair you know that?!" He screamed, "I really….. hate you!" 

Cheng Tao smile softens as Liu Qiao held his hand and let himself be drawn up by Cheng Tao.

The two of them fell back on the floor, Liu Qiao eased up looking at the crying child he quickly got up then walked over to her. 

"I really am no good to you am I?"