chapter 10

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Cheng Tao was sleeping on the sofa

Cheng Tao was sleeping on the sofa. It was his first break since the time he was here.

Liu Qiao sat in the kitchen, texting Ying ye. He smiled and walked into the living room to see Cheng Tao sleeping peacefully. He smiled softly at how gentle and peaceful Cheng Tao looked. Liu Qiao bent his waist and planted a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be back, okay?"

Liu Qiao breathed, then went upstairs to put on a jacket and then came to the door. His hand trembled before touching the door.

Too afraid to open it.

Liu took a deep breathed and-

*Click*

-opened the door to go outside, taking the car that Cheng Tao had once bought for him.

After Liu Qiao entered a bar, he looked around. His hands were trembling with anxiety. Liu Qiao hadn't been out in so long, and everything was beginning to overwhelm him. It was terrifying.

"Liu Qiao over here!"

Liu Qiao looked over and saw Ying Ye with four other people. He sighed, a bit relieved and walked over.

"The legendary Liu Qiao! I can see you haven't lost your prettiness even after marriage!" a boy in the corner flirted.

"A-ah, thanks!" Liu Qiao blushed.

It's been a long time since someone complimented him, so he got flushed easily.

"Yeah. I remember back then, boys and girls were all into him. I had to dump my boyfriend because he always compared us to Liu Qiao," a girl chirped.

"Ah, really, I'm sorry!" Liu Qiao said.

"You don't need to be this jerky," she said.

"Now let's order drinks," another boy piped in.

"But, friend, let's introduce ourselves. I'm Han Xia but call me Xiaxia since you're so cute!" she laughed.

"I'm An Chaun," another guy said.

"I'm______"

The day continued with all of them getting to know each other and talking about their times.

Later, saying his bye, Liu Qiao went to his private doctor.

"You're back," the doctor said with a scrutinising gaze.

"No apparent bruises this time," the doctor scoffed.

"He's calm nowadays," Liu Qiao said, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"We shall see," The doctor muttered, took out his stethoscope, and then began examining him.

"Pregnant again, I see," the doctor said monotonously, his eyes disinterested.

"Yes, I want to abort it," Liu Qiao said, his eyes trained on the doctor.

The doctor didn't say anything and just took out his pen.

"I'll schedule the appointment date," he jot down things on a paper, completely ignoring Liu Qiao.

"Aren't you going to stop me?" Liu Qiao gulped.

The doctor said nothing and just continued with his work. He then ripped the paper from the notepad and gave it to him.

"Meet next Tuesday, and don't waste my time," the doctor said and got up.

Liu Qiao looked at the paper, lifeless.

His life seemed filled with misery and pain.

Even his uncle wouldn't care a bit about him.

Liu Qiao soon returned home, and as he opened the door, a delicious scent wafted to his nose. He turned his gaze towards the kitchen door and unconsciously travelled there.

Liu Qiao looked at Cheng Tao, whose back turned at him. A black apron was tied at the waist, making his broad back more obvious. The tall man's eyes were focused, and his head was covered and guarded. Liu Qiao couldn't believe his eyes; Cheng Tao had more kitchen decency than him. His stomach soon growled.

Cheng Tao turned around and looked at him.

"Did you enjoy your day?" Cheng Tao asked.

"I met up with some old classmates. I didn't drink," Liu Qiao said, afraid.

"I see. Dinner is almost done. Wash up and come."

Liu Qiao was surprised once more.

Cheng Tao didn't get angry.