Dinner

HI!

Enjoy! x

My head is in my hands, fingers desperately trying to fade out the annoying babbling coming from Valora's mouth. Inches from my nose, sits a mountain of food. The type is foreign to me, its orange spicy sauce and beads of edible white, I do not recognise.

I does not bother me, either way, as I haven't tried to eat it. I don't think I will, the days events proving to much for me to digest already. I just sit there, flicking the pieces of 'rice' across the table. Enobaria scowls at me, I drop my fork and lean back in my chair. 

Cato and Valora, sitting next to me, are busy discussing Cato and I's love-filled future. I try my best to block the words out, but they flutter back,

"How long?"

"Where?"

"In the games?"

"How?"

"Awww!"

"Too cute!"

I scream in anger and smash my fist down onto the plate, splitting it in half. Valora gasps, and everyone stares for a moment. Everything freezes. A tint spreads across my cheeks and I mumble an apology, while Avoxes hurry over.

I clasp both my hands together, noticing a series of small cuts trailing down the edge of my hand. I lick my fingers and wipe away the blood quickly, before anyone notices, then shrink my hands back under the table. If they saw I was injured, they would probably return me to the hospital again, and that is the last thing I want happening.

Cato's question startles me,

"We are great, aren't we, Clove darling?" Placing his hand on mine. I resist the urge to slap, remembering the current situation.

I wasn't listening. I don't know what the original question was.

"Um, Y..Yes." I regain confidence, "Yes. Fabulous."

Fabulous?

Before I even realise what I am doing, I lean over and press Cato's mouth to mine. A girly sigh escapes Valora's lips and we gain a few curious stares from a few avoxes. As they all know us as sworn enemies.

"Oh my, yes, you are doing just well!" Valora giggles.

Cato's cheeks redden in embarrasment, I chuckle at his discomfort. Fortunately, Valora takes it as a lovey giggle, instead of my meaning. 

A small man in a red suit clears his throat and announces dessert. Metal carts wheel through the massive door. They carry incredible arrays of cakes, pies and many more things I don't know the names of. One young girl lays a silver dish between me and Cato.

"And for the love birds..." Valora trails off dramatically.

The girl reveals a large slice of cake. It is smuthered in cream and fresh berries. Tiny intricates patterns decorate its surface, little connecting flowers almost looking too delicate to touch. Cato slices it apart, showing the delicious looking flavors beneath.

A chocolate and butterscotch swirled center, filled with layers of sweet syrup. Then a vanilla icing, with amazing toppings accompanying it. 

Cato immediatly sinks his spoon into it. I sit there for a second, watching the goodness shovelled down his throat. Soon, I cant help myslelf and snatch a spoon, scooping up my own piece of hand-crafted heaven. I set it on my tongue cautiously, almost expecting to be to good to be true. To my delight, the cake reamins, the beautiful flavors dissolving in my mouth. I squeal and grin madly, giving great coverage of a half chewed mess.

"Shut your mouth, Clove." Valora scolds, "Dear." She tries to unharshen her words.

I ignore her and return my gaze to the wonderful dessert. This cake surely is a wonder. The only time I have ever had cake before, was on the occasion of the mayor's daughter's sixth birthday. My father insisted on my appearance, in the slightest hopes the family will share some of their many riches with him. But that was not to be, I ended up slamming the cake in the girl's face, snatching a handful then running away. I eat it in secret, until he came along. He approached me confidently, snatched the paper towelete, in which the cake was resting and ran away. I spent three years figuring out who he was and I didn't forgive him for another two years. I savour food, all of it. How it ended up that the same boy is sitting next to me, holding my free hand in mock love.

Cato consists on making joyful conversation, popping the odd joke. In fact too many jokes, if I hear Valora's disgusting accented cackle one more time...

After many drinks of which I have turned down, and much too many loving compliments for my taste, I stand up aruptly. I can't take any more. I managed three hours, no longer. 

"I am going to bed." I state, beginning to walk towards the staircase.

Cato jumps up in agreement,

"Me too," Damn.

He runs over and laces his fingers in mine. He tugs me behind him, up the stairs, me leaving dirty bootprints from the days earlier adventures.

At the top of the landing, Cato pulls me closer and kisses me. I respond carefully, returning the favour. Valora smiles at us. After fifteen seconds of pure 'ugh', I break apart suddenly. Making an exscuse of 'tomorrow's big big day', I run into my bedroom, slamming the door with a loud bang. 

Breathing heavily, I switch the shower knob on, and peel my disgusting, damp clothes off. I step into the shower cubicle and let the colorful orchestra of bubbles indulge me, freshening my mind, readying it for another day of love ahead.

Hello readers, 

Yay! I finished it! 

I have nothing to say today...

So just:

~VOTE

~COMMENT

~FAN