Jungle Kingdom

The jungle seemed to be a vast rainforest as the group entered the biome. Everywhere Sunni looked were huge trees and wildflowers. The girl hasn't been in the rainforest since she lived in a busy city. Goombella trailed along as she admired the vine growth above the trees.

They saw something up ahead and realized that it looked like a temple. The doors are closed and the stones are carved by strange ape-like faces. And the opening looks like an ape's mouth.

"Is this the right place?" Sunni asked.

Goombella nodded her head. "Yep. This is called the Jungle Kingdom and beyond it is the village. All of the Kongs may look wild, but they sure pack a punch."

"You ready?" Peach asked them.

Mario and Sunni nodded their heads. "Sure."

Peach began to knock on the doors with the handle attached and waited. Then the doors slammed open they came face to face with a yellow ape roaring at them.

"AAHH! Giant ape!" Sunni screamed. She scrambles backwards and hides behind Mario for protection. The others, in fact, are also scared out of their wits.

"Whaaat?" Toad muttered in awe.

Mairo nervously waves a hand at the ape. "How ya doing?"

"We are here to see the king," Peach announced.

The ape glared at them. Sunni began to tremble and wonder what he might say. "Follow me." he motioned.

That gorilla's wearing a sports coat," Mario stuttered.

"Feel underdressed," Toad said, shrugging.

Gooombella frowned. They looked over and saw that the ape was on a kart.

"Hop in."

Everyone began to climb on as Toad got a small little seat at the back of the kart. Then the ape started to drive it to the bridge. Everyone held on as they flew across the ramp and onto the other section of the bridge. Sunni looked and saw a village full of monkeys. Each hut is made of bamboo and palm trees as the river below them sparkles. She has never seen anything like this. She smiled as the air blew in her air. The driver started to shift to high speed as they wound up to the top of a mountain and right off the ramp. Peach grabbed a hold of Mario and Toad as Sunni grabbed Goombella. Then the kart started to turn into a paraglider as it soared in the air.

"We're flying!" Sunni cheered.

They finally landed inside the mouth of the cave as it opened up. They landed on the stone ground as the driver began to leave them. Sunni saw something on the throne as torches lit up the dark temple.

"Oh, by all means, come in," the king answered.

The group began to walk to him and bowed. Sunni can see that the ape has a white beard with a leaf made crown. He was also wearing a red robe that wrapped around his brown fur.

Peach was the first to answer. "Great and mighty Cranky Kong..."

"So I heard you want my army," the king responded, staring at the princess.

"Yes, your highness. Without your help, the Mushroom Kingdom will be annihilated."

"What makes you think you're worthy of fighting alongside the greatest army in the world?"

"Because we have heart. And with your strength, we can win."

Cranky Kong began to think about it as he stroked his beard with his foot. "Okay, fine."

"That's it?"

"No, that's not it!" he shouted, declining her offer. "The answer is no. Goodbye."

"If the Mushroom Kingdom falls, the Jungle Kingdom is next!" Peach pleaded desperately.