Mushroom Kingdom

The town seemed to be populated by so many little people. Toads to be exact. All of them had small stubby feet with colorful spots on top of their mushroom shaped caps. Sunni would even look down and see how small they can be, maybe three feet. Above her are moving yellow platforms and brown floating bricks that make a path.

The town is filled with lots of Toads that work at markets, banks and restaurants that no human can do. Sunni began to step into the town and looked around, admiring the cute colorful town as Goombella led her the way. She began to turn her head as she hopped on a yellow question mark brick. To Sunni, Brooklyn is a lot bigger than this village and she is really far away from home and besides, she has been struggling to work on with her job as a worker.

Goombella tapped on the block and a strange red mushroom appeared.

"What are these, actually?" Sunni asked her.

"Those are power ups," the goomba squeaked. "They can help defeat enemies that are really dangerous and sometimes you have to eat these mushrooms." She gave the mushroom to Sunni. The girl looked at it and wondered if it was alive.

"Don't worry about it," she assured her. "It's not alive."

Sunni began to brace herself and started to eat it. It tasted like what she ate back home. Like regular mushrooms. She started to feel stronger as the mushroom took effect on her body. Her brown hair started to float upwards and both her shoes gained two star stickers. Once her transformation is complete, she sees that she has a new form, her hair is styled into a bun while her overall buttons has two stars.

"Wow!" the girl exclaimed. "What do you think that is?"

"A super mushroom. It makes you stronger and also makes little people grow bigger," Goombella said as she turned to another path. "Anyway, about Toad Town. This village was built by them when they found a baby girl with yellow hair and blue eyes." She pointed to the castle up ahead on the mountain. It was a white castle with pink rooftops and a portrait at the top of the doorway. "She lives in that castle up there."

"I am interested," Sunni replied. She looked around as a few toads sold some fruit and held a few strange goldfish that were the size of a basketball. Goombella began to motion her to enter one of the tubes which are attached to high mountains and steep steps.

She braced herself and began to enter each tube she tried. It's like she is getting lost and how strange this village is. She is so impressed because this town is a lot different from the Brooklyn that she lived in. And besides, all of these people are different.

"All of those tubes look so exhausting," Sunni panted.

"I know it is strange, but you'll find your way around," Goombella assured her.

Her mind was interrupted when she heard someone shouting.

"Excuse me, everybody. Coming through! This guy's brother is going to die immediately! Out of the way please!"

Her attention came across a toad with a bag full of stuff and a man with a red hat, a red shirt and a blue jumpsuit that are far from the town.

"What is up with that guy?" Sunni asked Goombella.

"Oh, some man's brother is gone missing in the dark lands," Goombella stated. She started to think about it until she softened into a sad look. "I guessed that your dog must have gotten lost in the dark lands as well."

Sunni gasped. She was scared that her pet dog is all alone in the dark lands and she might get captured by bad enemies or worse.

"But we should follow them and ask the princess for help," Goombella chirped. "I sure hope it will work out."

Sunni nodded her head and they started to head to the castle. By the time they got here, Sunni got to see that the castle was huge. She has never been here before.

"Hold it right there, you two!" a voice growled. Sunni and Goombella looked to see that red Toad with the stuff and the man standing in front of two guards with silver armor and blue feathers.

The man began to push away the spears. "Oh, hey, I need to see the princess. It's an emergency."

The toad guards begin to look at each other and then smile, thinking of an idea to lure the man away.

"What princess?" the blue guard asked.

"I never heard of any princess," the yellow one replied.

"Wait. I did. Our princess, though, is in another castle."

"Oh, yeah, that's right."

"You should try another castle maybe. She ain't in this one."

Sunni raised an eyebrow in confusion and stuff. "Are they saying that the princess is in another castle?"

"No," Goombella shook her head. "They are totally lying."

"Okay," the red toad said, narrowing his eyes. "So they're messing with you and I don't like it." He began to pull something out of his bag to reveal that he was holding a pot. Sunni began to wonder what he was gonna do with that thing. And she realized that he had set up a little campfire and started to cook vegetables with it. That might be a good distraction to keep the guards at bay.

"What do you guys-" the Toad asked, thinking. "What do you wanna eat? Anything your hearts desire." He began to turn his head to the man in the red hat. "Go."

With that, the man slowly begins to slip inside the castle.

"Now's our chance," Sunni whispered. "I totally got to get in there." She began to run inside the castle as Goombella followed.

"Sunni, wait!"

Sunni begin to close the doors carefully and begin to walk inside. She looked over and saw two guards, a green one and a purple one laughing to each other during their talk. She began to sneak past them, making the toads say that she was the princess.

But now, they realized what the young imposter is and grabbed their spears. "Hey, Intruder! Stop her!"

By now, Sunni realized that the Toads are chasing her. She began to sprint ahead and started to run from the guards. She turned to the corner and saw a few more guards in the hallway. The man was also there, being chased by the little shrooms. They made a sharp turn and sprinted. A few more guards are now chasing them now. Sunni really wished that the princess might be able to help them.