Minho

Dinner that night was quiet. No one spoke loudly or even laughed. The mood around the Glade was somber.

The guilt I felt was unbearable. I had lost vaguely familiar faces but these boys had lost their brothers. Only three made it out: Newt, Minho, and me. I shouldn't have escaped the maze again, no one is that lucky. I should've died in that maze along with the others. I shook the thought remembering that Newt would've died along with me. That physically hurt me to think about.

Faint screams and noises could be heard coming from the maze, we all heard them but no one acknowledged them. There was no use in dwelling on what could not be changed.

I couldn't bear the stares and silence. I gave my food to Chuck and stood up. Chuck accepted the food generously. Newt was nowhere in sight; I hadn't seen him since the incident earlier today. I don't know if he blamed me for what happened or if he felt the guiltiness that I did. I knew for a fact that Gally blamed me. I felt his burning hatred through the intense stares he had been giving me all night. He knew better than to yell at me during this mourning period but that didn't mean he wouldn't explode tomorrow.

Tomorrow seemed so foreign. It felt wrong to move on after what had just happened. I wasn't even sure what had just happened but I knew the others were dead.

"Sorry, I just need some air.." I whispered to Chuck who quietly nodded back.

I felt every eye on me as I left the light and traveled off into the dark, cool night air.

I traced my hand along the wall like I had done on my first day in the Glade. I noticed someone sitting, slumped against the wall near the entrance.

My heart fluttered in the hopes that it was Newt. I walked closer to see Minho sitting with his head back and eyes closed.

"You asleep?" I said quietly hoping not to frighten him.

"Nope." He replied after a couple seconds.

I slumped down next to him fighting the urge to leave and go back to dinner. I knew he wanted to be alone but something made me want to speak to him.

I thought of everything I could possibly say to him, but nothing seemed satisfactory.

His jaw clenched tightly as if he was waiting for me to speak or leave.

"How'd you get out?" I questioned cautiously.

He sighed heavily in clenching his jaw. I braced myself for him to shout at me and tell me to leave but he didn't.

He began to speak leaving his eyes closed tightly. "I was looping back around to follow up on some of the others. It was pure luck that I was right next to the doors when they began to close," he said sadly, "I should've died like them."

"Oh..." I mumbled awkwardly. "I'm sorry this happened. I had no idea the maze could react this way."

"It's not your fault Greenie," he said strictly and opened his fiery eyes, "Don't let that shank Gally make you blame yourself. Don't let yourself take on all the blame like Newt. He beats himself up for things completely out of his control"

"I haven't seen him all afternoon," i said trailing off. I began thinking about it oddly. What was this feeling? Was o really concerned for Newt? It felt like something deep rooted in my heart.

"Yeah he's taking a break from all that," he said dramatically gesturing to all the Gladers gathered quietly. "Frankly, I don't blame him."

"Understandable," I said quietly agreeing. The sadness and grief was being shared between all the boys.

"You know what? I could use your help with something Greenie," Minho said opening his eyes a bit wider as if realizing something. "I need you to help me build something."

"Hmm?" I asked intrigued, "What is it?"

"It's a map of some sort," he said. He looked up at the sky for awhile. "Meet me here tomorrow morning and I'll explain everything."

I nodded eagerly. I had so many questions but I couldn't find the words in my brain. I wanted desperately to help him. I stood up dusting the dirt off me. I turned around and began walking back to the hammocks when I heard a voice.

"Oh Greenie one more thing..." Minho said contemplating his next words carefully.

"Don't tell Newt."