Prologue

The Sands of Albahkhar are well known throughout the world of empires and valleys of kingdoms. Long deserts stretch miles to the point you can't see the horizon. The sands are filled with creatures far and wide, including massive snakes, flying bat creatures, man-eating bugs, magical entities, and so much more. The sun blazes throughout the day and the night chills of that of a dark spirit. Kingdoms and city-states are found throughout the land, some with similar cultures and sizes while others remain entirely different. But one thing these kingdoms have in common is the desire to achieve the Golden Scarab. Said to have been crafted with the heat of the sun and blood of the Gods, the Golden Scarab provides power beyond anyone's comprehension. Thousands of years ago, a man was the first and only user of the Scarab, Dhaakir al-Azad. He once wiped entire armies with the simple strike of his fist and shook the dunes while walking. But he was tricked into handing it to his wife while drunk at a party, and he was killed. The kingdoms of Albakhar came together and agreed to hide it before using a magical entity to erase their memories of its location, including the entity's memories. But now, years after that agreement, humanity's greed poisoned their hearts, driving them to war. This prompted them to search for the Scarab all over the land. But because no known accounts have been written and the entity long sealed away, this led to an all-out search for the Golden Scarab. One of these searchers was a young man who had long fallen from grace. Not by his own hands, mind you, but by the disowning of his parents. This man, who goes by the name Shaleemm, seeks adventure and recognition, which is hard when every human being across the sands hates you with all their heart. Finding a name for himself, he searches the world for treasure around the globe, training himself both in combat and the mind, learning various ancient languages along the way. But little did he know fate would cross his path and give him exactly what he wanted, yet nothing he expected.