Chapter 10 || Reason x

We are getting close to the end of this story.

How do you think this will end? And who will be saving who?

Enjoy!

Special dedication to: @ShutterSunflower and @taryneckert

=============

Life is weird.

That's what Harry had decided. He thinks that the way his life had turned out was not at all what he dreamed of when he was younger, but then again, he also thinks that no one can predict it anyways. It was Monday again, and he couldn't help but feel mixed feelings towards what the day could have in store for him. He knew he would see Marcus and his mates that was inevitable to him, because he refused to let Niall be the one to be beaten. He knew what Marcus was going through, having been mates for quite some time, but he didn't think it warranted the lad to do the same to someone else. Harry decided then that he could save everyone, because some people really just didn't want to be saved. He decided to suck it up and wait a little longer, school was almost over, and then he wouldn't have to see most of these people anymore, and hopefully, Niall will finally be happy and free and safe. That's all Harry has ever wanted since he first saw the lad, and he would try his best to make it a reality. Time was ticking and he only had three more days to save the blonde he has fallen for, and that makes him worried and nervous and scared. He didn't want to lose him, not now and not ever.

Life is what you make it.

That's what he tells himself as he walks over to Marcus and his group of friends, it's what he repeats in his head as he puts his bag down, as the first hit is thrown, as he's being beaten. He keeps repeating it, imagining Niall laughing, imagining Niall sleeping on his chest, until the bell rings and the beating stops. He notes that it was longer this time, much longer, and more painful too. He also notes that he didn't get to meet Niall at his locker, or walk him to first period and he wonders if Niall is worried. His thoughts are answered by a buzzing in his pocket- a custom ringing he had made just for Niall- and he knows that Niall was worried. He reads the text full of capital letters and question marks and exclamation marks and he smiles gently despite the pain, texting Niall back that something had come up, but he didn't think it would have taken as long as it did, he apologizes, and promises to be there when first is over.

Harry remembers that Louis is here too now, his mother had signed him up when they had chosen to leave her husband, and today was his first day. Harry knew that Louis would be nervous, because who wouldn't be at a new school full of people he had never met. Harry thinks that the worst things happen to the best people, that maybe it's why they are so strong. Then he thinks that maybe that's not completely true, it's the worst battles that show your true self. Shows a person's true intentions, their fears and strengths and values. It's the darkness that sheds the most light.

He decides to skip class, not really in the mood to learn about dead men that caused people to revolt and leave Europe, or a deadly disease that spread through rodents and fleas. Not that he really hated History per say, he just wasn't particularly interested in the past when he had the present and future to think about. So he wandered outside until fifteen minutes before the bell rang, then made his way inside to meet the blonde he was hopeless for. When the bell rang, Harry was stood in front of the door as promised, and soon the blonde was there hugging him, Liam and Louis having a conversation behind them. The rest of the day went as usual, save for the fact that now they had a new member of their little friend group. Harry walked Niall to all his classes like usual, and for a few of them Louis tagged along. They all had lunch together, and right then, Harry thought that no matter what was to come, what was to be thrown their way, they would make it through it. They would make it through the darkness and into the light.