Brothers Don't Kiss Sisters

The drive to the Puckett County fair was a fun one. We argued over what to listen to, this chick Jhene Aiko or my nigga Pimp C. Niether one of us actually won the argument, because when we reached the fair, no music was playing in the car. We both got out of the car. I paid for about 300 tickets, which was 30 dollars.

" Why in the fuck is it so expensive for tickets?" She asked as we walked around the fair grounds, hand in hand. I shrugged. " Raaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, can we go get on the fun slide?" She asked, jumping up and down, pointing up at the 2 story slide.

" Sure." I led her to the slide and gave the attendant ten tickets, 5 for the both of us. She handed me a dingy mat & grabbed one for herself, sprinting upstairs. I followed behind, already tired by th 17th step. When I reached the top, she was already sitting on her mat. " You're soooo slow...." She exclaimed. I laughed at her impatient and got on my mat.

" WAnna Race?" I asked. " HUH?!" She asked me, and I just started sliding. " NO FAIR!" She laughed, trailing behind me. When we hit the bottom of the slide, she slapped me across the back of my head. " Cheating ass nigga." She said, walking passed me. I laughed out loud at how much of a sore loser she was being. I walked behind her, and I think she purposely sway her hips to tempt me. She turned around to face me, her apple scented hair whooshing past my face.

" I want a fishy Ray! Can you win me a fishy?" She asked, whining like a small child. " It's gonna die by the end of the night, girl!" I told her. " But wook at da wittle fishies wayyy " She cooed in her baby voice. I couldn't help but laugh, and when I laughed she smiled up at me. " I'll love you forever if you get me a fishy!!" She said, hugging me around my waist. I smiled and led her over to some carnival game.

" STEP RIGGHTTT ON UP & POP THE BALLONS! THREE TICKETS FOR TWO DARTS! POP 2 BALLONS FOR A GOLD FISH! POP 2 FOR A GOLD FISH!!" A carnival worker screamed. Long story short, I popped those motherfuckers.

I watched as she examined the fishies. " Can I just get a Teddy bear, instead?" she asked, turning her nose up in displeasure. I chuckled. " Of course, which one do you want? " She looked at the dislay of teddy bears and pointed to a chocolate brown bear, smiling. The man handed it to her.

" You are my squishy! " She exclaimed, hugging the bear tightly as we walked around the park. " Ray isn't it adorable?" She asked me, pushing the bear into my face. " Yep." I replied. " I"m gonna name it after you, I haven't decided if it's a girl or a boy, but her name is gonna be Rayneesha is it's a girl & Raquan if it's a boy..." she rambled, but in an instant she just stopped.

She didn't say a word, she just looked. It was weird & eerie how she'd gotten so quiet in .2 seconds. " Uh, you good? " I asked. She quickly turned to face me. " Y-yea, I'm good... I'm cool." She replied looking around 1 more time, letting out a shaky breath. " Wassup? What's wrong?" I questioned again. She shook her head. " He looked me dead in my face..."

" Who?"

" Eric." She grimaced. I rubbed her shoulder. " You just seeing shit, aight.... he ain't gonna find you." " Okay." She told me, grabbing my hand again. " Ray, can we go get some fried twinkies?" " Some what?!" " FRIED TWINKIES! Or Fried Oreos... it don't really matter..." She shuggen, her voice taking a bit of a southern twang, even though she's a Cali girl. She totally dismissed the disgust in my voice. Fried Oreos & Twinkies? Why in the sam blue fuck would anybody fry oreos....?

I didn't even notice that she'd dragged me to a food truck & began ordering. " Let me get uh, fried oreos 2 fied twinkies, a double decker funnel cake with chocolate syrup, strawberries, and EXTRA powdered sugar & a large cherry berry lemonade." She told the man, pulling a tweny from her pocket. " Nah, I got it." I told her, handing the man a twenty. " But, you paid for the tickets, Ray... you didn't have to." She said. " I wanted to." The man handed her the food & we sat at a nearby picnic table. I watched as she bit into an oreo, groaning at how'good' it tasted. I looked at the fried delectables and grimaced.

" Eat up, Ray!" She exclaimed, cutting a peice of the funnel cake. " Uhm, no." I told her, chuckling. " And why the hell not?"

" Because, it looks disgusting." I retorted. " Just try em, they're reeeeaaalllyyyyyy good!" she begged, pushing the food towards me. I reluctantly took a small bite of the twinky & it was like my whole life was a lie. Like hadn't been born until that very moment.. It was goooooooodd.

" Makes yo wanna slap ya momma don't it, Ray?" She asked smirking.

" FUCK THAT! Makes you wanna slap her, wake her up, & slap her again!" I Exclaimed, sending her doubling over with laughter. " Good, good! Try the oreos!" I bit off an oreo & needless to say it was the Bomb! " Oh god, thats good." " See, I told you! I'd never steer you wrong baby, now eat up." She said,

She called me baby.

When we finished eating, she didn't wanna do nothing but get on the ferris wheel. She stood in my tight as we waited in line. " Ferris wheels are so.... romantic." She cooed. " Then why are you on one on me?" I asked jokingly, making her giggle. "..... Maybe 'cause I wanna be." She replied snidely, nudging my rubs softly. When we reached the front of the line, we sat in a purple seat. Because it was so small, she way pressed up against me. The ride started slowly, and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. She blushed at my touch.

" I had so much fun today!" She excaimed, clutching the chocolate brown bear. " Yea, me too."

" And thank you."

" For?"

" Everything, making me feel safe & being there for me. Convincing me to come on this trip. You're the only real friend I've got."

" I do it because I love you."

She smiled & there was silence as we rode the ferris wheel.

"How?"

" How what?"

"How do you love me?"

"Huh?"

" In what way do you love me, Ray? "

" Like.... a uh.... bestfriend.... like a sister."

I'm such a fucking lie.

" Oh."

Oh, now I done fucked up.

" How do you love me?" I asked her.

"....like a brother." she replied with no tone in her voice.

We reached the top of the ferris wheel and stood there for a moment. The carnival began to play some song I didn't know. But it was the only thing I heard up here, because she was quiet. I glanced at her, and she was looking off to the side.

What the hell just happened?

" You make me crazy... you make me wild.....just like a baby.... spin me 'round like a child...... your skin so golden brown.... be young, be dope, be proud... like an American."

She sung softly. In an instant I grabbed her by her face and brought her lips to mine. We kissed passionately, her arms found their way around my neck.

When we stopped, she looked away and whispered, " Brothers, don't kiss sisters...."