𝐱. 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐚

▶️ disturbia - rihanna

x. DISTURBIA

TW- mentions of suicide

MIDNIGHT BLUE DEEPENED OVER THE BROAD star-speckled sky as the Careers slept in the arms of the arena, the faint chirping of crickets soothing them to sleep. But images of Amethyst falling to the floor replayed in Thea's dreams like a broken record. Sleep was a luxury in the games. Everyone had to sleep whilst they could, but for Thea she just couldn't bare to hear her gasp one last time, or see the blood seeping into the dark shirt that clung to her skin like makeup.

Swallowing away the growing desert in her mouth, Thea inhaled, taking in her surroundings. The forest was calm, the moon in her dappled beauty still high in the black heavens. The only sense of purity Thea could grasp was the moon. Every night, she appeared anew, clean with luminance while children suffered at the fate of the night under her spell. The trees were like monsters to her, pulling and stretching away as everything in her vision blurred like she had been slowed down. Her friends lay silent before her, their soft breathing echoing into the night; at least they can fucking sleep. To say that Thea was jealous would be an understatement.

Another reason for her inability to sleep could be because of this weirdly intoxicating buzzing feeling that was pulsing through her. Everything was blurry and it was like someone had shoved cotton balls into her ears. Thea couldn't afford to get sick, especially right now, in the middle of the Hunger Games. She watched over her friends, noticing Violet who was the stillest of them all, as if she was trying to appear that way. It weirded Thea out but she really didn't think anything of it.

Reality started to slowly shift as sweat beaded her face. Sonorous music echoed through the forest, disturbing nothing from its cycle. Wide eyed, Thea felt a hot flash resonate through her body, she felt everything slowly spin and grow more neon and fluorescent as she continued to whip her head around from the tree she was leaning on. A white rabbit caught her eye it leapt and hopped leaving fur as pure as snow all over the place. Thea tried to reach out for it but before her, her hand rippled and mangled until it was an intangible, liquified version of her hand. Thea's breathing was laboured as the music's volume surged. Her hands ran to cover her ears but she pulled away, feeling liquid spilling down her neck. Blood. The rabbit turned to the redhead, the same red liquid pouring from its eyes. This caused her to lurch and crawl back into the tree as if it was her only safe-haven.

Thea started to shake violently, starting to see citizens of the Capitol walk through the woods as if the mud wasn't an issue. They roamed and chuckled with priceless cocktail glasses wedged between their fingers, and in the other hand, cosmic amounts of cash bound together by a lone string. After a while, they started to form a crescent around their campsite, Thea resting on her tree in the centre of it all. That's when they all threw the money at the girl, the paper notes flying abundantly without hindrance. It was like everything was in slow motion as the paper notes staggered from the sky like snow. This is what it felt like, to be a victor. Swathed in riches and money as if thousands of people weren't undernourished from the lack of food the Capitol failed to provide. She felt the capitol raise their glasses to her, acknowledging her sleeping friends on the floor.