The Newest Fenton, Part 2

To say that it was strange having another ghost in the house was an understatement. Whenever either of them transformed, used their powers, or even had a sudden surge in emotion, it would trigger the other's ghost sense. After the fourth time of having the blue fog send a wave of cold down his spine and almost blasting his Mom accidentally, Danny had decided to work with his Dad and Tucker on implementing the new and improved ghost shield around the property.

'A little more to the left!' Tucker called from inside the Ops Centre and Danny gently eased the antenna around.

'How long is this going to take?' Danielle asked from beneath where Danny was floating.

'Hopefully not much longer,' he replied. They had been working all morning arranging an array of antenna receivers around the border of the property to ensure the shield was stable, now they were finally working on getting the transmitter up and running which was hopefully the last part of the job.

'About two degrees north!' Tucker shouted, 'That's too far! Three degrees south!'

'I don't have my protractor on me, dude!' Danny shot back.

'Okay there! That's perfect! Weld it in!'

'Finally!' Danielle sighed, using her ghost rays to join the base of the antenna firmly to the top of the antenna tower.

'Is that it?' Danny called, tentatively letting go.

'Perfect!'

Danielle sighed and gave Danny a high five before they both descended back into the Ops Centre. Jack was busy securing the antenna from the inside, making sure the joins were all airtight and tidying the cables. Tucker was typing away at one of the computers, putting the finishing touches on the code.

'Okay,' he announced, leaning back, 'That should be it. We ready to test it out?'

'Ready to go!' Jack declared.

'All systems look good out here,' Maddie added through their headphones from where she was on the ground, adjusting the receivers.

'Okay, powering up.'

Tucker initiated the startup and a low hum began to fill the air. Danny felt his skin tingle as the ghostly power combined with the mundane electricity and began to emit from the antenna they had just completed.

'Is it working?' he asked apprehensively.

'Power is holding steady. Wanna test it out?'

This was the part Danny wasn't looking forward to but he sighed and nodded. He phased through the wall and moved to where the nearly imperceptible shield now shimmered like a heatwave in summer. They had opted for a mostly transparent shield so that the neighbours wouldn't get the idea that they were constantly under siege. Granted, they were used to it by now, but a giant green shield could be pretty distracting.

Danny hesitantly floated closer, waiting for the inevitable shock that came whenever he connected with the ghost shield in the past. But aside from that same mild tingle along his skin, there was nothing. Cautiously he reached an arm out, making contact with the shield. What felt like pins and needles raced along his skin at the point of contact but there was nothing else. Growing in confidence, he slowly floated through until he was on the other side. Aside from the tingling and the faint taste of ozone, he was fine.

'All good?' Tucker asked over the coms.

'Yeah. I barely felt anything! Just a little tingly.'

Tucker whooped through the headset, making Danny wince.

'Alright now come back through.'

Once again, there was no adverse reaction to passing through the shield, and moments later Danielle was out to join him. She too was nervous as she approached, but the new shield was working perfectly, allowing her to pass through unharmed. When they returned to Ops, Tucker and Jack were patting themselves on the back.