Home

Danny wasn't sure how long he slept for but when he woke the lights in the lab had been dimmed and his stomach was yelling at him to get up and eat something.

He slowly sat up, conscious of the severe amount of bandages that were covering his various injuries. His broken arm was still wrapped and he could see his chest had been entire wrapped in gauze. Other wound pads were dotted about his limbs and he grimaced at the sight of a glowing IV line snaking into his unbroken arm. He followed the line to the drip bag hanging next to his bed and saw it seemed to be some kind of ectoplasm and nutrient combination which probably explained why he felt so much better.

Unfortunately, it meant he couldn't just get up and find some food. He was considering phasing out of the IV when the lights started to brighten again and he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Maddie entered the lab and her face lit up as she met Danny's eyes.

'You're awake!' she exclaimed, hurrying over. 'How do you feel?'

'Alright,' he replied, 'Hungry. Sore.'

Maddie nodded and moved to the IV bag and checked how quickly it was flowing.

'We've got you on some painkillers but I can give you a little more if you need it.

'It's not so bad,' Danny replied quickly, 'I'm way better than I was... how long have I been here?'

'About three days,' Maddie replied gently and Danny gawked at her.

'Three days? Is everyone else okay?'

Maddie placed a gentle hand on his face and kissed his forehead.

'Oh sweetie, everyone is fine. But you have to stop focusing on everyone else sometimes. Just... take a breath.'

Danny leaned back and nodded. He was more sore than he wanted to admit but he didn't want to worry her more than she likely already was.

'I'll go and get you some food,' Maddie continued, 'But first I just want to check you over to make sure there's nothing we've missed, okay?'

Danny nodded and relaxed back into the bed as she began to check him over. He really wanted to leap up and go find Sam and Tucker to make sure they were all okay but while he hated to admit it, his mom was right. He needed to focus on himself for a little bit.

Only after Maddie was satisfied did she allow him to properly sit up and left to bring him some food. When she returned, both Jack and Jazz were with her, smiles filling their faces as they saw him.

'I'm so happy you're safe!' Jazz exclaimed, racing to give him a hug.

He winced slightly and she quickly released him with a rueful smile. 'Sorry.'

'It's okay,' he replied, rubbing his injured arm. 'It's really good to see you all.'

'You had us worried sick!' Jack said, 'But I knew you'd be fine, you're a Fenton!'

'That's a lie and you know it,' Maddie scolded him, 'You were ready to rip those Guys in White into pieces.'

'So was I,' Jazz admitted, 'To think they could let that happen after they promised to never bother us again.'

'Well I for one am never trusting any government agency ever again,' Maddie declared.

'Wait, you did before?' Jazz asked.

Danny smiled, enjoying just being around his family again, listening to them bicker to one another. But a pressing question made him interject, 'Are Sam, Tucker, and Valerie okay?'

'They're alright,' Maddie assured him, 'Tucker and Valerie have only just gone home. They've been camped out in the Ops Centre for most of the time you've been missing. Sam's parents came and got her after the fight was over. We haven't really heard anything from her since but I'm sure she's safe.'