Chp.8 - Aches

Loving You Chp8

~J.K. Rowling owns all these characters...though I wouldn't mind owning Draco Malfoy!~

Chapter 8; Aches

Hermione's POV

I woke up the next morning, every muscle and bone aching from the day before. It was horrible. All those memories coming back to me, the ones I had pushed away seven years ago. Was it possible that it was more painful this time?

I could hear the rain slapping against the window outside. I could smell the damp cold air but then another smell closer to my face. That one of a hot summers day, I could also hear a rhythmic thumping against my face. That's when I realised I was curled around Draco. My man. I smiled opening my eyes, he was still asleep he chest move slightly up and down in soft breathing, my head resting on it. His strong arms wrapped around me protectively. I felt safe, he had saved me this time, he didn't stand there and watch. My knight in black armor. I chuckled out loud.

"Mmmmmmm..." he groaned quietly as he woke. "Sorry", I said as I didn't mean to wake him. "S'okay", he smiled back at me sleepily. I shifted myself better into his grip which he tightened. I was aching really bad now. Last time I didn't have this. Maybe because I had to keep moving? I groaned. "What's wrong", Draco spoke suddenly worried. "Just aching that's all", I shrugged it off not wanting to worry him.

"I go run you a hot bath, that might help?", he got up trying not move me too much. He walked out of the room. "Second on your left!" I shouted out at him remembering he didn't actually know where the bathroom was. "Thanks", he replied turning to walk in the right direction. I laughed, though it hurt.

Ten minuets later he came back into the room. He picked me up bridal style and carried me easily to the bath. He let me down gently and left me to it. "Thank's Draco", I said softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my bath I borrowed Draco's warm jumper he had on him yesterday. The hole had been mended and the blood stain taken out. It smelt wonderful! Just like him. We sat in the bed and while he brushed through my hair in long soft stokes, we chatted about us and what we want in life, our opinions on topics. You know general stuff. It wasn't long till Ginny was calling us down to breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning all", Harry greeted us and Ron as we came in. He was helping Ginny with getting the breakfast. "Hope you all slept well?", he said trying to start a general conversation. I was surprised when behind Ron's back he gave him a look of daggers! I looked to Ginny hoping to find some answers. I sighed a little, Ginny's eyes were bloodshot and swollen from crying. She looked more tired than me as she stood over the kettle waiting for it to boil she was clutching her stomach.

Panic set in to me! Was there something wrong with the baby!? "Ginny are you okay?", I blurted out nearly make the girl jump out of her skin.

"Yeah just tired", she smiled weakly back at me. I looked at Harry, he just gave a look of 'not now' which annoyed me. Ginny came over to pour me some coffee,"there's nothing wrong with your the baby is there?", I whispered in panicked tones into her ear.

"Well no. Just a rough night. That's all." I let it drop knowing she would explain more in private later.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast we all sat down on the couch's in the living room so we could discuss what we would do next on the case. We knew now that the Canons were being threatened into helping Carrow. All we would have to do is find which ones were more willing than others. Ron did have a fair idea that two or three didn't seem to have much trouble with helping and seemed to be getting more than the others as a result. All we had to do now is arrest Carrow. He is more powerful than we anticipated. Draco was kicking himself for not being more careful and for underestimating Carrow.