Chp.2 - The Soft Kiss

Loving You

~J.K. Rowling owns the rights to to these characters~

Chapter 2; The Soft Kiss

Draco's POV

We sat there in my room for a while, just...chatting. It was so odd. I had loved this smart beautiful girl and now what was I feeling? I could feel the hurt and anger boiling in the pit of my stomach. I had forgotten this enchantress on purpose. She had pushed my life further into darkness without even as much as looking at me! I wondered if she knew...?

Know all I see was that fateful night. The night excruciating pain came unto my arm and shot through my body as if under the cruciatis curse. I could feel it now a dead wait on my skin, never to leave. How I had tried to be rid of the mark. Whenever I looked at it I felt as if it was slowly sucking out my soul.

Feeling selfconscious about it I covered my abdomen with my left arm. Feeling ashamed at heart but my head was telling me 'show her remind her of what she had done'. But I didn't want to do that to her. Could it be that I still loved her?

No Draco don't say that! It was just a stupid school boy crush! Don't be so naive.

"Draco are you okay? You seem a bit, out of it?" she spoke softly, her melody reaching my ears.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired that's all." I replied.

"Oh I'm sorry! I'll go to my room! I've been hear far to long" she stood up a bit too quickly and wobbled on the spot, I chuckled at her tipsy state.

I opened the door for her, keeping my arm straight against my side. She turned around and kissed me ever so sweetly on the cheek. The side of my face tingled at her touch. My heart felt like it was going o burst through my chest. A smile spread across my face. "I'm sorry for what I did". She whispered softly in my ear. If only she knew the impact of her words. I forgave her of all I'd thought she'd done and realised that all the blame I had placed on her was false. It wasn't any ones fault but my father, who at this moment was rotting in a prison cell in Azcaban, waiting for a re-trial. He was just looking for a reason to mark me, to turn me into him. He punished me for loving a mudblood, for caring. But now he can't do anything. I can love her freely and love her with all my heart.

The only thing that troubled me now was did she share my feelings?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hermione's POV

He showed me to the door. I turned around and looked into those grey diamonds he had for eyes. I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.

I could feel my senses tingle. I took in his smell, he smelt like a warm musky summers day. His skin was slightly rough against my skin from day old stubble. I felt his jaw muscles tightened into a smile and it transfer onto my face. Still smiling I pulled away savouring his taste of sweet salt on my lips. My heart was beating right out of my chest fluttering with desire for so much more. Damn it Hermione this is the guy who bullied you throughout your school life! And now you desire him, have feelings for him! It had to be the beer talking. It had to be.

I turned and walked down to my room. Thinking I probably looked a state. Feeling dizzy from drink and emotion I clasped into bed. That was the first night I dreamt of Draco Malfoy. The dream tasted like sweet salt and it smelled like a musky summers day. We were happy in my dream, there had never been a bad word between us. He was never a Death Eater and Voldemort had never risen again. But you can't change the past, no matter how much you dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up the next morning with a headache to beat the band! I rolled out of bed and pulled on something descent. Making my way downstairs and to breakfast I saw him sitting there in all his hot god like glory. His hair almost shimmered in the morning light coming through the window. He had his head down reading the paper, his hair falling over his eyes. Maybe I did desire him, I was sober and thinking these naughty thoughts. Oh Hermione what are you going to do?! He probably doesn't even like you or find you attractive.

He looked up, eyes sparkling, as I entered. "Good morning, how's the head?" he gave me that famous Malfoy smirk, and chuckled when I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. What was it about this guy that made her feel so...care free!?

Pushing those thoughts to the back of my sore head I sat down in front of him. He ordered me coffee and toast, still that big smirk plastered across his face. I couldn't help but smile.

We sat in silent understanding, eating our breakfast, enjoying the warm sunshine on my face from the window. He looked up at me with a puzzled face but shuck his head and went back eating.

"What?" I asked curious about what he was going to say.

"Notting" he mumbled into his cereal.

"It was obviously something" getting annoyed.

"I was going...I was wondering... I was wonder-" he stumbled adding to my frustration! What had Draco Malfoy so tongue tied!?

"Come on Malfoy" I coxed, laughing at his increasingly growing tomato red blush.

"I was wondering if you would like to go back to the Ministry together?" he finally replied.

At that I burst into roles of laughter, earning some funny looks from the others in the room.
"Shut up Granger" he crossed his strong arms across his chest and huffed like a four year old. This only made me laugh more!

"I-would-love to go back with you" I eventually answered. His stance eased up a bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After breakfast we headed back to our rooms to collect our few things and met each other in the corridor. As aurors we were allowed to leave accommodation without paying but I always left something in my room.

We awkwardly held hands  and with a loud and long crack we appeared at the Ministry. We started walking toward our department.

After a few minutes I realised we were still holding hands. But I didn't want to let go. I felt safe, his hand entwined with mine. It felt right.

I began to panic. These are not the feelings I should be have for Draco Malfoy. I slowly slid my hand away from his instantly feeling insecure. I saw him stiffen by my side as I walked through the door.

"See ya around" I said quickly as I pushed my way toward my desk. When I reached I burst out crying. I needed to talk to Ginny.

~~~~~~~~~~
Draco's POV
When we landed at the Ministry we continued toward the aurors department. We weren't talking but it was okay. That's when I noticed our hands were still entwined. It felt...good. I had dreamed of this moment. The moment I could hold her hand and make her feel wanted and safe.

As we neared the department I noticed her begin to squirm in panic when she realised we were holding hands. She let go and burst her way through the doors of the department and practically ran away from me and shouted something over her shoulder that sounded like "see you around".

I stormed my way over to my desk livid with frustration! "Bloody witch!". Why did my touch scare her? Was I really that bad. I heard a chuckle behind me. I turned on my heel ready to punch someone when I saw it was Blaise I kept my anger. "Not now Blaise".

"Wow just came over to see how your trip went!" he put his hands in the air in defense.

"Dead end" I replied more colder than necessary.

"Sorry to hear that. Do you want to go for a drink later?" he was being more polite than I deserved. I nodded at him.

"Great meet you here after work then, you can tell me all" he saluted me and walked toward his desk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Heres the secound chapter as promised....hope you like it! fan, comment, vote!