Chapter Two

"Dani's coming over with Anthony." Cliffs says, helping me up.

"With Anthony? Why, since when did he start caring?" I ask, a little surprised. My legs wobble beneath me but I use all of my strength to stay upright.

"She said that she had something exciting to tell you. Don't worry, she hasn't told me either." Cliff wraps his arm around my waist, making sure that I don't fall over.

"Oh, alright then. How soon will they be here?" I sigh, looking down at my legs and remembering what Kirk did to me.

"Around six, for dinner." Cliff replies. "The boys are practising, so I have to go with them. I'll get back as soon as I can, ok?"

"Ok." I say blankly.

Cliff sets me down on my bed and lifts up my chin, making me look up at him. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, Lil."

"Fine." I grunt, rolling over.

Cliff sighs and walks out of my bedroom. A few moments later I hear the front door open, close and get locked shut.

Cliff's gone.

Now I just need to reach the telephone. The only telephone that we have. The only telephone that is in the kitchen. The only telephone that I have to walk to. Well, fuck.

I need to call Indie. She'd be so worried about me. Cliff already told her what happened but I assume she'll need to hear it from me. I take a deep breath in, and a deep breath out. I grip the bedframe for stability, letting myself get used to using my legs again. Releasing my hands from the frame, I use my arms to balance myself for when I take my first step.

I hesitate, expecting to fall over as I move my foot out a third of a metre from my body. I don't fall, and sigh with relief. I take another step- I'm still standing. I continue to slowly make my way to the kitchen, then I sit in the chair closest to the telephone. Reaching out to the phone, I dial Indie's number and wait for her to pick up.

"Hello?" A male voice says over the phone. "Who is this?"

"Hey, um, is Indie there? Indie Burton?" I ask nervously. Did I get the wrong number? Surely not.

"Yeah I'll go get her." The guy says. It sounds like he walks away from the phone and calls out to someone, then loud footsteps follow.

"Who is this?" A very familiar female voice snaps. "Better be important!"

"Indie, calm down. It's me, Harley." I say, a bit shocked at Indie's tone.

"Oh, Harley! Harley, Harley, Harley, what happened to you?" Indie says.

"Well, Kirk almost killed me. I'm fine though, fine enough to walk to the phone and call you." I reply with a laugh.

"I'll kill that bitch..." Indie says lowly.

"What?" The guy in the background says.

"Shut the fuck up, Chris!" Indie screams. "I'll kill you and Kirk if I have to!"

And with that, Indie hangs up.

I sit in silence. I'll kill you and Kirk if I have to - is that what happened to her previous boyfriends who went missing? If she really is killing off her boyfriends, then I need to save the next guy who falls for her nasty trap. I wonder if Cliff knows about this.