Prologue

"I didn't even tell half of what I saw, because I knew no one would believe me."

(Pounce D. Leon)

New World, twenty-five years earlier...

« Come on men, show Captain Thew here, why we will be the ones to land on the island! Unsheathe your sabers and fire your guns. Today we will sell our SKINS dearly! »

A shout of incitement rising from the deck of one of the most famous ships that had sailed the Grand Line, the Santiago, overpowered the hustle and bustle of the pirates doing battle and the explosions of cannon fire from the enemy vessel that punctually damaged its stern.

Standing on it, a rather tall man dressed in lavishly cut clothing pulled a peculiarly shaped blade from his belt, preparing to face the last obstacle that stood between him and his lifelong goal.

The sun shone high in the sky and the wind began to blow more and more furiously, bringing the fury of battle to the distant shores. The man advanced slowly, the long curly blond hair he wore tied back with a leather lace, the thick mustache of the same shade and the striking blue eyes gave him a proud and resolute air. A broad hat topped with a feather from some exotic bird covered his head. The man was none other than Pounce D. Leon, one of the greatest explorers and leaders who lived in this century. He who was nicknamed "The Storm."

He had come so far after traversing impassable and dangerous obstacles along the route that would lead him to one of the most sensational discoveries of his career, and he was firmly convinced that the secret to obtaining it was hidden on one of the last islands of the New World, Diatidur.

However, it seemed that his eternal rival, the infamous pirate captain Richard Thew, had come to the same conclusion as him, the reason for his presence in that godforsaken place, and now, both were vying for access to a treasure that existed only in myths, at least until now.

«Are you ready, Richard?...» the man asked, getting from the other, an individual equal in size to his own, with long blackish hair and wrapped in a purple coat, a simple nod in response.

The clang of steel screeching against each other and the smell of gunpowder replaced the palpable tension between the two warriors, exploding into a blinding glare that prevented the others from observing what their respective captains were up to.

«... Because I am coming. Eternal Slash! » burst out the same in the midst of the dense mist, bursting out of it with impressive speed, as his sword, imbued with a reddish aura collided with his opponent's katana, also followed by a darker wake, producing a shockwave of extraordinary power and intensity that spread across the entire stretch of sea.

It was as if the sky was about to split in two...

Two hours later...

The battle now seemed to be over, and judging by those who were making their way through the dense vegetation of Diatidur, it seemed that at last the great Pounce D. Leon had put an end to the long rivalry that had pitted him against the celebrated Thew.