|#2. Moments of Love|

It’s a fine day in the Oberoi Mansion. Nikhil Oberoi is in the kitchen cooking breakfast as per his daughter’s demand. His younger daughter has commanded him to make breakfast for her and her elder sister. Ragini is watching her husband working in the kitchen. She’s adoring him and he feels her constant gaze on himself, therefore, he breaks his silence.

“Kya baat hai, Ragini? Kya dekh rahi ho?” Nikhil asks softly.

“Jo insaan 100 employees ko handle karta hai, wo aaj apni beti ke ishaare pe chal raha hai, bas wahi dekh rahi hoon

“Jo insaan 100 employees ko handle karta hai, wo aaj apni beti ke ishaare pe chal raha hai, bas wahi dekh rahi hoon.” Ragini says, smiling at her husband.

“Betiyan hoti hi aisi hain

“Betiyan hoti hi aisi hain. Aur aap toh jaanti hain na, hamari betiyan humse bas thoda sa waqt maangti hain.” Nikhil beams at his wife.

“Sach kaha aapne, Nikhil. Kabhi kabhi Anamika kuch baat keh jaati hain, lekin Ruhana usey sambhal leti hain. Aur jab hum dono ghar pe nahi hote tab bhi dono behnein ek dusre ka ache se khayal rakhti hain.” Ragini praises her daughters.

“Isliye Ragini, itna toh main kar hi sakta hoon na apni betiyon ke liye. Jaiye, aap Ruhana ko bhi jaga dijiye. Jab tak dono fresh hokar aayengi, breakfast ready ho jayega.” he tells his wife and she agrees.

******
Ragini moves towards Ruhana’s room and stops at the door. She’s mesmerized by the sight in front of her. She finds Anamika sitting on the bed and Ruhana sleeping with her head on her sister’s lap while the former is smearing her hair. Usually, it’s Ruhana smearing Anamika’s hair while waking her up but today, it’s the other way around. It seems like Ruhana is enjoying the pampering that her sister is giving her. Ragini smiles to see the scenario and enters the room calling for her daughters.

“Anu beta, Ruu! Utho, subah ho gayi.” Ragini says and taps their heads.

“Mumma, let Di sleep.” Anamika says cutely while Ruhana moves slightly.

“Ruhana beta, uth ja. Din mein so jaana.” Ragini says smearing her daughter’s head.

” Ragini says smearing her daughter’s head