Chapter 4: Unexpected Arrival

After their slightly embarrassing, narrow victory against the Super Akanbe last week, the Precure had already started bracing themselves for future attacks. Pop had dropped by sometime that week to drop off the Decor Décor. Now, however, Miyuki was at home, during a time she would usually be getting ready for school. But for a while now, school had been cancelled for Class 2-2. She knew that, usually, students would rejoicing at the prospect of no school. Unfortunately for Miyuki, it meant she didn't get to see her friends as often.

"You look downcast," a squeaky voice said from her bed. Miyuki turned to look at Heph, who was very indulged in a short manga Akane had made. Yes, Akane. Not Yayoi, but Akane. For some unknown reason, Akane had tried to create a manga. It didn't really have nice art, but Miyuki was not going to be the one to tell her that. Plus, Akane probably made the manga just to peeve Yayoi.

"Why are you reading that? How'd you get it?" Miyuki asked.

"D-Don't avoid my statement!"

Miyuki got up from her chair and instead sat on the bed beside Heph. "I'm bored," she complained. "I think school's boring, but there's nothing to do at home either.."

"So you're bored at school, but at home too? Sort of a Catch-22. "

Heph turned back to the manga, which was a sight to behold, considering the pages were all bigger than the small fairy. "If you want to talk about something, though, go ahead."

Miyuki collapsed onto the bed, curling into a ball. "Why's school canceled?" She said criticizingly. "We don't even get to know why."

"Around the time you had to become Precure again, too, though," Heph pointed out. "Now you can be more devoted to the task."

Miyuki let out a sigh, dragging it out until she was out of breath. She liked Heph, but he wasn't silly and goofy like Candy. He could be a bit too serious sometimes and didn't always understand her jokes. In complete honesty, she would've preferred not having a fairy at all.

Not that Heph was unlikable, though. She wasn't used to Heph yet, that was all. It was just.. she missed Candy. At least she could entertain Miyuki when they were bored.

Heph looked at Miyuki sympathetically. "The Bad End Kingdom won't stop attacking just because school is cancelled."

Miyuki nodded,  knowing that Heph was right. She was still bored, though.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Miyuki got up to answer it, wondering who it could be. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see that it was her friends, all wearing cheerful smiles.

"Hey," said Akane, raising a hand in greeting. "Sorry, maybe we should've called."

"School's cancelled, so we figured we'd come over and hang out," said Nao.

Miyuki's face lit up. "Really? That's so great! Come on in!" she said, leading them inside.

As they settled down in the living room, Miyuki felt a weight lifting off her shoulders. She was no longer alone and bored, but surrounded by her closest friends. They chatted and joked around, catching up on each other's lives.

Miyuki couldn't help but feel grateful for her friends, especially considering their timing. They were always there for her, through thick and thin. And even though she was a Precure, she knew that she couldn't do it alone. She needed her friends' support and encouragement to keep going.

As they continued to chat, Miyuki realized that this was exactly what she needed - a break from the chaos of being a Precure, just for once.

"Miyuki-chan?"