Chapter Nine

We were all in the car. It has been a very awkward and quiet ride till Dean spoke up, "So, I've been waiting since Maple Springs. You got something to tell me?" I leaned up in my chair watching the two as Sam replied, "It's not your birthday." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. I don't understand why Sam was even trying to lie to him at this point. "No,"Dean stated in a cold tone I had only heard him use towards me or... monsters. "Happy Purim? I don't know. I've no idea what you're talking--" "There's a bullet missing from the Colt." Dean cut him off angrily, "You wanna tell me how that happened?" Sam shook his head and hummed out a small "mm-hmm" "I know it wasn't me. So unless you were shooting at some incredibly evil cans... You went after her, Didn't you? The Crossroads Demon. After I told you not to." You could hear the anger growing with each word Dean said. I didn't want them to fight and before I could even think I blurted out, "It was me. I used the Colt." What was I saying?? This will go bad for me. Not to mention push Ruby's plan backward. Sam snapped his head back at me confused about what I was doing while I felt Dean's eyes glaring at me through the mirror. "You could have gotten yourself killed! What were you thinking-- what did you shoot?!" He yelled at me. I bit my lip "I- I went after the Demon that did this to you... I saw how much it upset Sam that you made that deal and--"                                                                                                                                                               "And you shot her?! So, what? Does that mean I'm out of my deal?"                                                  "Don't you think she would have started with that fact?" Sam added in and looked back at me then to Dean again as I spoke up, "No, someone else holds your contract." I leaned back against the seat watching him through the rearview mirror. "Who?" Dean asked coldly. "Sh-she wouldn't say." "They we should find out who. Of course, Our best lead would be the Crossroads demon. Oh, wait a minute." He said sassily and looked back at me. I sighed and looked out the window. I could feel Dean's eyes on me ever so often the rest of the drive.

~~~Boys~~~

They arrived at the town of Sea Pines, Massachusetts. They dropped Olivia off at an abandoned house with our stuff while The boys went to the house of the victim and spoke with her aunt about the incident, "But I don't understand, I already went over all this with the other detectives."                                                                                                                                                                   "Right, yes, but see, we're with the sheriff's department. Not the police department, different departments", Dean stated looking between Sam and Mrs. Case. "So, Mrs. Case..."                         "Oh, please. Miss Case." The woman stated looking at Sam then checked him out slowly. This flustered Sam and made him a little uncomfortable. "Miss Case, um... You were the one that found your niece, correct?" Miss Case nodded and looked down sadly, "I came home. She was in the shower." "Drawned?", Dean asked.  "So the coroner says. Now, you tell me, how can someone drown in a shower?"                                                                                                                                  "How would you describe Sheila's behavior in the days leading up to her death? I mean, did she seem frightened? Maybe she said something out of the ordinary or...", Sam cut in As Miss Case cut him off with a curious look. "You're working with Alex, aren't you?"   The boys gave each other a look before Dean looked toward her and nodded, "Yep, absolutely, that's... Alex and us we're like this." As Dean said the last few words he crossed his fingers to gesture to the friendship being tight. "Why didn't you say so? Alex has been such a comfort. But, I'm sorry. I thought the case was solved." She stated as she sat down putting the picture of Sheila she was holding on the table next to her.   "Uh, well, no. No, not yet." Sam said in a warm tone. "Anyway, we were talking about your niece." Sam continued. "Well, yes. Sheila mentioned something quite strange before she died. She said she was a boat."                                                                                 "A boat?"                                                                                                                                                                           "Yes, one minute it was there then it was gone. It just disappeared right before her eyes. Do you think it could be a... ghost ship? Alex thinks it could be a ghost ship."                                                   "Well, uh...Could be." Sam answered with a small chuckle. "You let me know if there's anything else I can do for you."  She said kindly before tracing Sam's fingers with her own. This gained a grin from Dean as he watched.