Chapter Five

~~boys~~

It had been a week since the gate had been opened and since they saw Olivia. Sam sat in the Impala reading one of his books on crossroad demons while Dean was in their hotel room with some chick he met. Right then Sam's phone rang, "Hello." "Hey, Sam. " came through the other side. It was Bobby.                                                                                                                                                             "Hey, Bobby"                                                                                                                                                                  "What you doing?"                                                                                                                                                      "Same old, same old"                                                                                                                                                   "You buried in that book again? Sam, you wanna break Dean free of that demon deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book."                                                                                                                        "Then where, Bobby?"                                                                                                                                                "Kid, I wish I knew. So where's your brother?"

Sam looked in the window seeing Dean's silhouette dancing a little jig and then disappear, "Pulling the electorate."                                                                                                                                                        "What?"                                                                                                                                                                              "Never mind"                                                                                                                                                                             "Well you boys better pack it up. I think I finally found something."                                                        "On Olivia? or the demons?"                                                                                                                             "Demons, still no trail on Olivia."

Sam got out of the car after getting off the phone with Bobby and started knocking on the door "Dean? Dean, you--you conscious? Bobby called, and he thinks that maybe we--" He looked over seeing Dean and the chick going at it still. "Oh god," He said quickly and went back outside.

Dean and Sam got on the road. Dean, driving like nothing could go wrong and smiling ear to ear. Sam looked over, "Let me see your knife"                                                                                                                 "What for?"
   "so I can gouge my eyes out."
Dean chuckled, "It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam."
"It was a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean."
Dean then chuckled again and playfully hit Sam on the leg, "Hey, I appreciate you giving me a little quality time with the Doublemint twins."                                                     
"No Problem."                                                                                                                                                             "Really? I was expecting a weary sigh, or an eye roll, something."                                                          "Not at all, you deserve to have a little fun."                                                                                                          "Well, I'm in violent agreement with you there. What's Bobby got?"                                                         "Not much, crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Could be demonic omens."                                                                                                                                                                                "Or could just be bad crops and a bug problem."                                                                                                    "But it's our only lead"                                                                                                                                                 "Any freaky deaths?"                                                                                                                                                 "Nothing Bobby could find-- Not yet anyway"                                                                                                  "It's weird, man. The night the Devil's gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how man cities?"                                                                                                                                           "Seventeen."                                                                                                                                                      "Seventeen. You think it would be "Apocalypse now," But it's been five days and bubkes." Dean said and glanced over at his brother then back at the road, "What are the demons waiting for?"
  "Beats me"                                                                                                                                                                  "Driving me crazy. I tell you, If its gonna be war, I wish it would just start already"