chapter one: the start to a great day... not!

• Dedicated to My fans and Wattpad for being so amazing

Hello everyone! I have decided to start a new story :) I hope you all like it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Margaret Herman sat confidently back in her chair, smirking. She had studied hard for the test they had had last week and knew she was going to get an A+.  She glanced around the room. Some of the girls were passing notes, giggling like a bunch of second graders. Behind her, some guys were tossing around some one’s woolly cap. A forlorn looking boy sat in the corner. It was probably his cap. 

Sighing, she turned to face the front again. Mr. Lewis, their history teacher, walked around the classroom, passing out the students’ tests. There were some groans and slapping as people high-fived each other. The test was important, it had counted as 40% of their final history grade! Margaret sat in her seat, her palms sweating. Mr. Lewis raised his eyebrows and looked at Margaret from over the tops of his glasses. 

He slipped her the test and moved to someone else’s table. Weird, she thought. What was that look all about? Her test was blank side up on her desk. She took a deep breath and turned it over. No. NO! How could this have happened? At the right hand corner of her test was her grade. The grade she dreaded the most. F. She, Margaret Herman, had gotten an F. Ridiculous, she thought. He must have graded it wrong. She flipped through the thick booklet and noticed she had skipped at least three pages, and Mr. Lewis had marked them as incorrect. Next, most of the questions she had answered didn’t have full answers. Weird, she thought. Just weird. She clearly remembered answering question ten with three paragraphs, yet on her test, question ten was answered with two sentences. 

Wait a minute, she thought. None of the handwriting looked like hers. She did her l’s with loops, he g’s with a swirl. But the handwriting here seemed absolutely illegible. Frowning, she flipped the pages to the very front again. None of this looked like her handwriting. Nothing. She noticed a note scrawled in the front with red ink, from Mr. Lewis. “Come see me at my desk after class,” it read. Her heart sunk lower in my chest, knots tying in her stomach. This couldn’t be happening. No! She sat frozen in her seat, chewing her lip hard as she pushed her glasses up her face. Her braces were digging into  her mouth. Time passed, and she was left alone in the classroom. Margaret slowly stood up and went to the front reluctantly. Mr. Lewis cleared his throat and straightened some papers. 

“Care to explain what happened on this assessment?” he asked, raising his eyebrows. 

“I-I don’t know! Mr. Lewis, you have to understand, this isn’t usually my behavior, or grades for that matter,” she sniffed. He looked at her from under his glasses. “I think someone took my test and wrote their name on it, and wrote my name on their test. It makes sense!” she explained, tears threatening to pour down her cheeks. 

“Calm dow-”

“I can’t! This isn’t like me don’t you see!?! This isn’t even my handwriting!!!” she screamed shrilly. Then she stood back stunned. Mr. Lewis’ eyes were wide. She sprinted out the classroom, heaving all her stuff with her. That was something she’d thought she’d never do in her life. Well that’s what she’d thought. She burst open to the girl’s bathroom, sobbing now. 

She looked at herself in the mirror. Her poop brown hair hung at shoulder length, limp and lifeless. Her dull gray eyes were red from the crying. She opened her mouth and her braces, which she called death traps, gleamed in the dim light of the bathroom. Her glasses made her look like a loser with no friends, which in reality, she was.  Margaret took her glasses off and stood on tiptoe so she could see herself in the mirror better. Her face was splotchy and red. All of her imperfections outweighed the “perfections” by so much, it was depressing. She wiped her eyes with a tissue and looked down at her watch, realizing she was late for gym. This couldn’t be good! It was almost halfway into the lesson! She grabbed her things and hurried out of the bathroom and into the gym building.

The weather was wet and windy and she clutched her things close, squinting as she made her way across the campus. Moments later, she shyly opened the door to the gym room. Everyone turned to gape at her. Coach Rivers, their bright eyed, fierce gym teacher, turned to look at her, her blonde ponytail swinging. 

“You’re late,” Coach Rivers spat, chewing her bright green apple gum. “It’s basketball today. We’re picking teams right now.” Margaret peeked at her classmates standing up against the wall. Sure enough, the two team captains were confidently picking people for their team. She groaned inwardly. Of course. Just her luck. The most popular girl ever was the captain for the red team. And for the other team, the white team, the captain was one of the cutest guys Margaret knew. 

Samantha Murray, the stereotypical popular girl, had an angelic, heart shaped face, with a small nose, perfect white teeth, pretty, cat-like green eyes, and wavy light blonde hair. She was petite and was, obviously, the captain of the cheerleading team and the best ballerina in the whole school. Her posse consisted of the snottiest girls known to man-kind, Lauren, Madeleine, Kayla, and Alyssa, who all obviously despised  Margaret. Samantha had picked her posse for her team already, along with two other boys.

Cute boy, or Mason Blanc, was the typical jock. Chestnut brown hair in the cutest cut ever, light blue eyes, and muscles, all of the girls in the grade swooned over him. His group of friends was what anyone would expect. Aidan, Kevin, Drake, and Cameron. They were the ‘it’ group of the school, along with Samantha’s posse.

Mason and Samantha stood side by side, picking out the people for their teams. Margaret stood against the wall, frozen. She was the last one left. Samantha and Mason had already picked everyone for their teams. She was the last one! Blushing in embarrassment, she casually looked around the room, ignoring the fact that half the people in the room were snickering at her.  Coach Rivers looked at Margaret. 

“Honey, go to Samantha’s team. Now,” she ordered. Margaret obediently trotted over to the snot-bag team. Samantha rolled her eyes and giggled as she whispered something to her friends. 

The game started and everything was going “well.” Till a basketball came whizzing at Margaret’s face. It all happened in a split second, the hard ball flew at her face at maximum speed from one of the boys. There was a KABAM noise, and everything went black. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is different than anything I've ever posted, mainly because it's in third person xD Yes, I know, i have never actually written in 3rd person but oh well, ya never know till ya try I guess...

Love you all!

diprox