The Riders Acdemy

It was competition time. We had driven for an hour or so in our Horse Lorry, the horses looking perfect. I checked out the time table, "Okay, so it's dressage first, then show jumping then cross country." I told everyone, "Yeah," Zara said, "I know you're not all eventers, but that's fine! Those not strong in dressage will make up for it in show jumping, and those not strong in show jumping will make up for it in dressage!" She explained. I had a look at our team: Lucy and Skye were eventers like me, Erin was best in Dressage, and Chelsea was a showjumper. The horses were Blue, Monster, Liberty, Candy and Taz.

"And, from Hazelnut Hill, can we please have their captain, Ashley Hunt riding Tasmanian Devil?" I trotted Taz into the Dressage Arena, saluted the judge, and began my test. Taz was exceptional! The best test of the day so far, but there was still the rest of my team to go! "Lucy Travis riding Blue Moon?" Lucy's test was good, she executed all the moves well, but that was it. "Skye Drummond riding Little Monster?" Skye's test was the same as Lucy's..they both lacked enthusiasm.."Erin Christie riding Liberty?" Erin's test was outstanding! Quite easily the best of the day, and Liberty was amazing! "And the last person on the Hazelnut Hill team, Chelsea Stewart riding Candy Cane." Chelsea's test was alright.. Not the best but then again, she'd make up for it in show jumping.

It was show jumping time. I had walked the course, which didn't look tricky at all, and was warming Taz up, but looking at the other riders faults on the course at the same time. The announcer called my name, I went into the arena, the bell rang, signalling it was time for me to start. 2.45 minutes later, we triumphantly cantered out with a clear round and the second best time. Lucy's round was clear, with a time of 2.47m. Skye had a pole down at the spread, but a time of 2.40m. Erin's round wasn't too bad, two poles down and a time of 2.50m. Chelsea was amazing though, clear round with the best time of 2.36m!

After showjumping, we had cross country, and it was my turn. I started off at a strong canter, Taz flying over the jumps, slowly increasing the speed to a gallop, clearing jump after jump, and finishing with no faults and a time of 2.34m! Lucy's round was very good, and she ended with a time of 2.38m, and Skye's round was also clean with a 2.35 minute time. Then it was Erin's turn. She managed a clear round but with a much slower time of 2.50m, and Chelsea didn't get any faults, and a average time of 2.45m!

"In third place, we have... Gloucester Riding Club! In second place, it's Cambridge Riding University! And that means, that the winners are... Hazelnut Hill!"