Chapter 45 I'm Sick Of This Shit

Instantly, I am pulled back into the present. The sun was set, indicating it is time for me to go home and get ready for tonight. Nolan's Maybach isn't in his usual spot. I was getting really sick of this; it was like history was repeating itself and I wasn't going to put up with it much longer.

I wish he really understood the value of time right now; if he did he would change this distracted behavior. At this point was it even worth telling him? I orbed to the upstairs and heard Alexus' giggling talking to Maddox. Those two deserve some happiness.

My bath was ready in no time for a quick soak. Yana leaped on the tub edge chatting away. "Nolan is less than 30 minutes away, it's time to tell him, Laina." I huffed at her, "Yana, at this point whatever happens, happens. I'm not chasing him down to discuss this any longer. I don't have the time to wait for him to make the time I deserve." Yana left me to wait for Nolan in the garage while I put on my makeup and partially wrapped my braids. I was dressed in my mustard colored outfit and wore my gemstone heels. Nolan was getting off the elevator coming to our room and I was walking out.

"Where are you headed looking good enough to eat?"

" Ominous, we have a guest performance tonight."

"Do you have enough time to talk before you leave."

"Really? After nearly three days you decide to finally have some time to talk to me!"

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm trying to make up for it now."

"You act like we have all the time in the world, in reality we don't. Stop taking for granted I will always be here! Because I won't.!"

"What are you getting at, Laina? I said I was sorry."

"This shit isn't even worth it right now, I gotta go."

Nolan grabbed my wrist; I didn't speak a word. I used my abilities and made him move. I orbed into my Tahoe. Yana was sitting there waiting for me. "Well, that didn't go so well. I'll try to talk to him." I rolled my eyes at her attempt to smooth things over. "Yana, it's not even worth the effort anymore." I could hear Nolan telling the guards by mind link to not let me out the gates. Such a silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. I unlocked the gates, pushing the guards out of my way, driving out. "I think you should go back with Nolan, Yana or you can come to the club." Yana orbed out; she didn't like all that noise in the club.

Unknown Male

"I was very clear Evelyn; I need Elaina and could care less about her mate! You have defied my instructions and it will not go unpunished." Evelyn cowered on the floor begging for her life and another chance. "Please, I beg you! Give me one more opportunity to rectify your grievances with me!" These Lycan's have become soft since the days of my father, too emotional for my tastes. "You have until the solstice to produce Elaina alive and before she becomes something we won't be able to handle. Do I make myself clear?" Evelyn nodded her head frantically. "Go, before I change my mind."

Evelyn left my presence immediately; I rose from my chair walking over to the case that housed Allister's bones. Soon you will be revived and the traitors in our blood line wiped out. Even better to make them our slaves until they are of no further use. Soon, I promise you will rule this world and all realms. Nothing will stand in our way.

One of the priests entered my study, interrupting my fantasy of the future. "Sire, the she-wolf is ready for you." I loosened my tie, removed my suit jacket. My appetites have been rather feral as of late. Hopefully, I won't damage this one as much as the last. Elaina is more suitable for my needs; she will produce the finest army once I have her.

Back at the Mansion

I don't know what I did to her or why she is this upset. Yana came into the drawing room. "You royally fucked up your highness. You let your father get the best of you instead of just telling him no. You should have went to the realm with Elaina. You are repeating a pattern and don't even realize it. You should call Bryant; I cannot say anything further or she will skin me alive." I decided to take Yana's advice and call Bryant. If he could give me a heads up maybe I can fix what's wrong.