The Love Of Her Life

Your friends might tell you how bad my life is since you left

That I spend my days crying and I can't even go to the street corner

Because the fear of not seeing you

That my life is completely fucked up

Alex sat at the bar, looking at the distant table that held Piper and some of her friends. Whispers were exchanged and constant glances where pointed in her direction. Alex sighed. They used to be mutual friends until her and Piper broke up. Now they mostly hung around Alex for a chance to get some information for Piper. It puzzled her to why the blond would want information about her especially after the break up but she didn't question it. She had nothing to hide. It was just good to have company every now and again, having lost everyone when Piper left her.

They might also tell you that I've kept all our pictures

That I hang on tightly to the hope that someday you'll wake up and realize

That despite all my faults we had amazing days

Alex had kept everything. She had all the pictures, all the notes, all the gifts, everything. She refused to throw anything away. She was holding onto the last shred of hope that maybe Piper would come around and want her again, because no matter what, Alex still wanted her. She knew she always would. She was her drug and once you're in there's no way out. She was hoping Piper would be able to forgive her for the stupid mistake she made long ago when they were dating.

They might tell you that I frequent the plays where you used to hug me tight

That I'm not discrete at all when someone mentions you

I can't keep my mouth shut and I always tell that person

She was sure they were telling her how she always ended up in places where her and Piper shared memories. She wasn't ashamed, she loved the girl and didn't care how she looked for crying over a picture. She didn't care how she looked for sobbing herself to sleep at night just because she remembered the girl that owned her heart and decided to crush it into pieces. She knew it was her fault. Someone sat next to her, a guy, and looked between the two.

"I know it's not my business but why don't you go talk to her? She looks interested." He stated, taking a swing of his scotch.

"She was. 2 years ago." Alex replied simply, tears beginning to brim her eyes.

"Care to share?" He asked, as if he was her friend. Alex didn't really mind at this point. So she nodded and began.

"I, I was the love of her life,

I was blessed with her caresses and her first kiss was mine and she was mine."

"She was, well still is, my everything. And I was the love of her life. She saw no one but me and I loved it that way. I was her first everything. Her first kiss, her first time, everything. Everything about her was mine and that drove me crazy. It still does." The stranger nodded slowly, watching Alex's expression, noticing how sincere she was and taking pity on her.

"I, I slept between her arms,

I made her smile while I sung to her."

"I was the first one to be in her arms at night. I would play with her and sing to her and make her smile. that was my job. I loved doing all of that. The way she looked at me, the way I looked at her. You could tell we were meant to be." Alex looked over at Piper to find her looking back, their eyes locking. To the stranger this was an amazing sight. He had never seen two people more meant to be together.

"What happened?" He inquired.

I didn't know what I had

I got used to the routine and I made her cry

That damned day

"I didn't know what I had. I got used to her always being there, and always forgiving me. Until one day I made her cry. And I fell into a vicious cycle of hurting her unintentionally. So one day I pushed her far enough to leave me because I didn't want to hurt her anymore. And she left." Alex took the last swing of her beer and walked away, the stranger pulling out the microphone he held in his hand, looking over to see a crying Piper run after Alex.

"Mission Accomplished." The stranger said to himself and disappeared into the night.