THREE

WHEN MASON arrived a maddy's house and saw her sat on the front porch, bags around her, crying, it was very unexpected.

yes, he knew she was going to be upset. and yes, he knew she would have bags full of her stuff. but he did most definitely not expect this.

"oh maddy, whats wrong?" he asked as he approached the weak girl.

"h-he ch-cheated on me" she choked out.

"he did what?" he said angrily
"with who?"

maddy just shook her head, as if she was embarrassed about the whole situation happening in the first place.

"maddy, with who?" he asked he as he pulled her into a soothing hug

"lilly, he cheated on me with lilly, mase. lilly" she sobbed.

"that prick, i always hated him."

"i know you did mase, why didn't i listen," she wailed.

"shhh, its okay mads, its okay." he comforted as he rubbed her back.

"lets get you to the car okay? i'll get your stuff."

"okay" she murmured.

SOON ENOUGH, they were both in the car driving towards mason's house. maddy still shaken up at what she saw go on between he ex-boyfriend and ex-bestfriend.

"what do you want to do when we get back to mine?" she heard mason ask.

"uhm, can we cuddle and watch a movie please. i'm not really in the mood for anything else."

"of course, i'll have to go find the blankets from the last time you stayed over though, and i think i have ice cream in the fridge."

"okay. thank you for this, you're too nice to me," she confessed.

"dont be silly, i'd do anything for you angel," he laughed.

'angel.' that word. he hadn't called her that in so long, and even now she still got those same butterflies in stomach. just like she did when they were 16.

all she did was smile and grab his hand in return, but he knew this was her way of saying thank you, thank you for everything.

"i love you mase,"

"i love you too mads," he told her, knowing she'd never mean it in the same way as him.