ONE

MADDY THANKED the taxi driver as she got
out the car, exhausted at the lack of sleep
she'd gotten over the past three days.

she made her way up the driveway dragging
her suitcase behind her, glad to see her
boyfriend, josh's car on the drive.

as she opened the door she was confused to hear voices but quickly reminded herself that josh could have friends over. but, as she got closer to the living room she recognised the voice to be a familiar female one.

the girl paused, trying to hear more of who the mystery lady was. however, she eventually gave up when she heard them stop talking, so decided to just walk in.

as maddy walked through the door she was
heartbroken at the sight.

her bestfriend was sat straddled on her boyfriends lap. kissing.

she couldn't believe it, and immediately broke down in tears.

"what the fuck," she managed to choke up.

the pair immediately shot up, shocked that their makeout session had been interrupted.

"what, why are you here? you weren't supposed to be back till tomorrow," lilly panicked.

"mads it's not what it looks like i promise," her boyfriend begged.

"josh don't even lie, we've been caught theres no point"

"oh my fucking god. i can't believe this. how long has it been going on for?" she questioned.

"five months," they both responded guilty.

"josh what the fuck, thats like half of our relationship."

"i know i'm sorry,"

"and lilly, i literally cannot believe you. you're supposed to be my bestfriend. i've known you since we were 11, and you'd go and betray me like that. go get with they guy im dating behind my back."

"look maddy, we just couldn't control our feelings."

"and that makes it okay?" she shouted.
"i would have much preferred it if you both would've just told me."

"look mads were sorry okay? lets just forget about this," josh tried to convince her.

"no, fuck this. im packing my bags and leaving. enjoy your life together."

and with that maddy was off upstairs to pack her bags ready to leave the place she never wanted to come back to.